Any advise for new ferret?

If the gritts flea dirt comb some off him onto a peice of damp kitchen towl & fold it over , the gritt will have a red halo round it if its flea dirt

Its basically dried blood

i wouldnt bath or treat him with anything chemical , untill he is stronger , the dirt will work its way off him with a gentle comb & if you change the bedding every day if you can he will soon look like a nice clean ferret

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Here's an update of my hob ferret Martin (mostly because I've learned how to get photo's from my phone onto PC!)

This ferret ate so much, and I didn't really feel that attached to him, so once he was better I had decided to rehome him (October). But then my little old jill was loosing condition, (really thin, abdomen massively swollen and full of water) the vet said it was probably congenital heart failure, so I'm back down to three ferrets, which I think is a fine number for what I do. I've since discovered that my hob is just lovely and I'm glad I didn't get rid of him.

So here's some dodge photos I took this morning of him and Penelope.

post-27821-12593234105_thumb.jpg

I've only taken him out once so far, and was quite pleased with how he behaved and worked. He bolted only one rabbit, (net failed, I was too slow, and the damn thing escaped!) But I don't think there were any more that he'd missed.

Used to be lots of rabbits about the farm, but a mixture of me, a mixi outbreak and some other people who shoot at night have cleared all but a handful :)

Moving onto new permission tomorrow.

post-27821-125932339585_thumb.jpg