had my bitch pup allmost 2 weels now and thort she would of stopped by now but no. everytime i go into her she pisses?? i take her out late at night and she pisses outside, i tell her shes a good girl, put her to bed for the night. my dad took her out this morning and she pissed for him. i take her out when i come down in the morning i rush her outside today to stop her pissing in the house, and she pisses outside while im strokeing her she runs back in to my brother and pisses again!!!! she doesnt shit in side anymore only had a problem the first night when i came down there was a few presants :sick: anyway how can i stop her doing this everytime someone goes to her. its not fear as she's happy to see us, jumping up wagging her tail etc.

tia

maty.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

First thing, mate: Have you got a Crate for her? Now, excuse me if that sounds like I'm suggesting you pull her little claws out - I used to rear up in fury at the very suggesion of crates too. Now I don't think I'd have a pup in the house without I had a crate waiting for it. Seriously.

One of these cheap as chips 'Dog Carrying' things is what I'm on about. Cost you around a score. Get the smallest one she can fit into. Just put her blanket in there, leave the door open and watch her adopt it. It's her own little room and she'll feel safe and happy in there (Terriers are born to get into small places after all! ;)).

There's your starter for 10. You can then confine her, perfectly happily, over night. Take the entire crate out in the morning and, when she's done, have her hop back in it. This'll prevent her pissing with excitement as soon as she comes back in, see?

Mheanwhile, check out some of the Dog Training Boards. There is a tried and tested solution to this particular form of pissing. Get onto it early, before it starts souring things ~ :rolleyes: no pun intended. Sorry.

Most of all, get that crate TODAY and relax.

Best of luck and do let us know how things go. Allow others to learn as you do :good:

Puppies do seem to have an endless supply of urine so i wouldnt worry about it. Sounds like it is just the excitment of seeing people, alot of puppies do this. When she has better control of her bladder as she gets older it should stop.

Ive also heard the same about cageing pups indoors and i know loads of people have success, i did try with one of my terriers but she simply wee'd in her bed when she couldnt get out to do it :blink:

MOLL.

I crated my terrier 10 yrs ago as a pup, apart from what you have already pointed out about it being the pup's bit of security i found it invaluable especially in the mornings when getting the kids off to school, the last thing you want is a pup racing round the kitchen when you doing breakfast, thats how they get trodden on :)

Patience and determination. Be real patient and on top of the pup as much time as possible so you can spot body language and than carry it outside. If the pup is real young it will pee from exitement and such but then patience again the bladder is real small and the metabolism real fast.

I never used a bench but I have the "luxury" of not having to work this summer so I could go out at least 10 times a day and still clean some pee in the first 5 weeks. But now my dog is 6 months and it has got the idea that peeing must be done outside...it will stand typically or go to the front door and stand there. If I don't respond quick enough (5 min max) it will pee, it is my fault then but I give it some harsh words, pick it up gently and go outside still (usually followed by surplus pee and praise from me). Currently it can go without peeing-run from 23:00 till 8-9 and when emptied well for about 4 hours in the daytime with normal behaviour.

L.

Guest ADAM AND HIS DOGS

my pup done that it he was in the house for the first few weeks. it is just excitemnent and shows you are being good to the dog and it is bonding to you. my pup now nearing 9 months he wont even hardly go in the pen waits til he is walked i have littel to clean up.

is the crate to stop messing the carpets? theres no carpets were she is just tiled flooring, she lives in our porch till shes house trained and used to the terrier. it just gets on my tests having to mop up all the time and change the blankets on her chair. hows best to stop it early then? give her a bolocking when she does it and just let her go out for a piss or shit on the lead but no playing. i just dont want to shout too much with her being a sensitive collie cross but if its got to be done. shes 13 weeks now. could it just be the excitement with the fact that she has a small bladder as if i dont take her out for a few hours there will be a puddle for me to sort before she even sees anyone and a bit more when she does.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Purpose(s) of the crate, mate, are to give her a sense of security and her own little space, to start with. Odd as it might sound, the smaller possible the crate used, the better. Idea being that she hopefully won't want to soil her own bed. Thus you give her no room to practically get away from her little nest. See?

It also, as said, gives her a place where she can feel secure. Fact that it's getting to you means you'll be approaching her - as she'll sense it - like a thunder cloud. You might not be aware of it. You may even convince yourself you're hiding it from her, if you do. Don't kid yourself!

Fact that she's in there also means, incidentally, that no, she can't piss on the floor. That's a many faceted bonus. Do you really want her to learn the assumption that All floors are tickedy boo to pee on? Of course not.

So, with proper Crate Training (Look it up on the net and look into it) she stands to be taught where she Should piddle.

It's NOT about stuffing an unwanted dog away in a drawer. It's Far from 'Unkind'. In fact, in my own late experiances? It's the Dogs Danglers! I only wish I'd stopped being such a know all and had accepted and adopted this method decades ago! :good:

Go out and buy a crate ASAP. I was given mine to immobilise a young injured puppy - i couldn't believe how quickly she was clean in the house - much quicker than my first puppy who peed over the place for ages - I think it's just what they do.

Also when you take you dog out to pee in the garden do it quitely, without fuss and pick a word to encourage your dog to pee on command. When you see the dog pee call out the chosen word and then tell it "good dog" and then interact with it as a reward. After a while when you say the chosen pee command word, the dog should run to the door looking out to do its business.

Hope it helps and the puddles disappear soon.