rabbit warrens

Guest Side by Side

well imo u should not enter a terrier on rabbits as soon as the terrier has put a mark on the hole pull him/her away and its the ferrets job then....

happy hunting

SBS

Foxes when realy pushed may be forced to take refuge in a rabbit warren........generaly they dont get very far but a terrier trying to follow that fox may well get stuck.........every year lots of pet terriers go to ground in rabbit warrens and yes some do get stuck.

Most working terriers have more sense or experiance than to try and go down rabbit holes all the time.JMO.

Guest RobW71

Foxes especially cubs will seek refuge down a rabbit hole for a past time, it's almost bizare where they can wedge themselves.

Although Terriers can get stuck down a Rabbit hole, mostly they choose to stay there, totaly deaf, trying to dig on towards the Rabbit then you have the choice of sitting it out untill they get bored or digging.

Regards Rob

Guest pat-r-dale

My terrier hunts rabbits above ground,He has got 6 in the past 2 weeks

so is that what you call bushing???

thats [bANNED TEXT] we call bushing mate!! Its awsome sport for the terriers! You never know [bANNED TEXT] their gonna catch in them bushes.

p.s: The rabbits certainly are not for human consumption after the terriers have smashed them up, ok for ferret food though.

Guest whitser

my old russellxlake bitch would go to ground after rabbits. but i learned to tell the difference between her sounding when she was at a fox or rabbit. if she was at rabbits i'd walk on she'd soon follow out after me. problem was she was so small about 11 pounds and about the same in inches that she could fit down a lot of rabbit holes.