hanging foxes

Got a call from a farmer friend today to ask if i would come over and take away some foxes that had been shot and hung on one of his fences, to say he was angry is a understatment so much so he is going to refuse the person/s in question permision in future and i have to agree I dont understand that kind of thing, I always take any kills away with me, What do the rest of you do with charlie after hes been shot ? and whats your thoughts on hanging them on a fence cheers all

Moosedog

but most ppl do it for the farmer to see like for one on all my dvds the warrener dose it so they can see the job is geting done [bANNED TEXT] they ask you to do

rubish never had a farmer ask me to hang foxes in 30 odd years they want em out the way :whistling:

the tradition of hanging you dead vermin on a gibbet line is so that the landowner can see you are doing a good job, i had to do this as a trainee keeper 20 years ago

nowadays the general public dont like or understand this.

we now just frow them under the nearest hedge out of site, for a good while we did have to bag and tag them and they went to the trainee vets to ortopsie to see what they had been eating and general condition or disease on different parts of the hill

I have a farmer who wants me to leave them visible. He likes to see them on his sheep check the morning after and knows there is one less. He normally then chucks them into the hedge.

The others have no desire to see them so they go in the hedge. Which is ordinarily what I'd do.