ring forts/fairy forts

neil,ive also come across that.in a field of crops,right in the middle of the field stood a lone whitey on a mound of earth,the farmer bulldozed the rest of the ditch but wouldnt touch it for nothing,amazing stuff eh?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after reading a topic a while back I noticed a few comments on the above,I was just wondering how many on here are supersticious and wouldnt dig a fort.I was with a local lad for years and he refused point blank to enter one,we just dug the shit out of them :clapper: but i have to say ive had my fair share of bad luck over the years,was it because of entering a terrier into a fort or just SHIT HAPPENS.Have you english lads got forts to dig in or is it an Irish thing.I must have dug in dozens of forts over the years,who else has dug these and who would refuse point blank to intefere in one and why?

i dug in a ring fort a few years back and on the way back to the car, we were talking 2 the farmer and asked us did we get anything, we said we a fox in the ringfort, and he said we would have on luck for goin near the ringfort anyway that nite me and my mate went out 4 a few beers and me maet 2 ladys wich now are ur wifes............so lads stay away from ringforts.....

we dug a fox out of a ring fort!

bent the handle of the shovel

locator battiers went flat!

so thats my bad luck!

i dug an old graveyard once! i felt bad afterwards!

lamping once and we went into the church feilds and do you think we could find the gate out we walked the dithces for hours then lamp went flat and no phone coverage!

i was scared!

so we decided to wait till dawn and 4 hours later it got bright and we were 3 feilds from the church feilds!

i shit you not it scared tho hooter outa me!

Guest Scuba1
we dug a fox out of a ring fort!

bent the handle of the shovel

locator battiers went flat!

so thats my bad luck!

i dug an old graveyard once! i felt bad afterwards!

lamping once and we went into the church feilds and do you think we could find the gate out we walked the dithces for hours then lamp went flat and no phone coverage!

i was scared!

so we decided to wait till dawn and 4 hours later it got bright and we were 3 feilds from the church feilds!

i shit you not it scared tho hooter outa me!

May I give you a tip," Stay away from boats"!!!!!!!!!!! Because navigation is obviously not your forte and you could after a spot of mackerel fishing just down the coast end up in Cuba.

ATB

Michael