Guest fence_hopper

like its been said before diferent foods for differnt dogs its what suits you and what you can get hold of my dogs either get tripe or a big handfull of scraps from the butchers with a handfull of beta grey on top. each to there own just experiment till your happy with what it is you've chosen theres no wright or wrong way of feeding them with in reason. go to your local butchers and ask them for the scraps at the end of the week or day they'll be more than happy it beats paying them to get rid. alb hope you find what your looking for and get it sorted

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fence_hopper
Also i pour a bit of cod liver oil in with there food every second day keeps ther coat in good condition :D

Obviously rabbit as a main source during the hunting season !

not saying your wrong mate each to there own but they also get a beaming coat of tripe ;)

Good addatives i use are Dorwest keepers mix, dorwest easy green, Garlic and fenurgreek powder, Apple cider vinegar (unpasterised with the natural mother still in) Bone meal and bone according, A couple of eggs per week (raw)

Also i pour a bit of cod liver oil in with there food every second day keeps ther coat in good condition :D

Dont forget [rabbits] are lower in protein,? so you will need chicken+fish[oil] :yes:

feed your dog like you would feed a wolf , and what ever you do stay away from tin food it has been known for killing dogs a bad tin and a dead dog . i also use makrel fillets in with the raw food but i blast them in the microwave for 2 mins first .

Why do or would you blast mackerel fillets in the microwave ? I dont see many wolves at the local deli microwaving thier raw meat or fish fillets :D

Edited by Gunner123

...Feed as naturaly as possible every time, raw tripe , flesh ,dried out wholemeal bread, ,,,fresh herbs,grated raw carrot, fine chopped cabbage,you can scald these with boiling water, a dog realy needs the digestive bacteria from a herbivore [cow] as in raw tripe.

....''Good addatives i use are Dorwest keepers mix, dorwest easy green, Garlic and fenurgreek powder, Apple cider vinegar (unpasterised with the natural mother still in) Bone meal and bone according, A couple of eggs per week (raw)'' good advise

...breast of lamb, bones and all....feed bones after meal,not before,b. takes longer to digest and the meal would push it through..read Juliet De Biaracli Levy, Herbal handbook for farm and stable,....all in one feeds are handy on standby or to mix raw food on but not as sole feed, there is no LIFE FORCE left in processed food ,,..This is true for people as well as stock.

Edited by North Briton

Should i freeze the rabbit first???

yes i do as dogs seem to get worms a lot when not friezed

I prefer to feed meat with a good mixer biscuit, as we all know, what they say on the bag about the percentage of protein, 25% or 27% but who would analyse the biscuit, and give you the truth of the percentage of protein, and if you look at the TOPIC photos of collie greyhounds, you will see my 8 month old pup, that is the proof of sound feeding and good exercise,

I prefer to feed meat with a good mixer biscuit, as we all know, what they say on the bag about the percentage of protein, 25% or 27% but who would analyse the biscuit, and give you the truth of the percentage of protein, and if you look at the TOPIC photos of collie greyhounds, you will see my 8 month old pup, that is the proof of sound feeding and good exercise,

Well there hardly going to lie about the percentage of protien in the feed like !

But i do agree exercise is as important as feeding.