my first try at the new permission

ok so some of you may have cottoned on i have got myself a new permission on a local beef farm to get rid of some winged vermin.

so after a nice tin of spaghetti hoops for lunch (yes im lazy) i backed up the ratty newly zeroed in at 20 yards ready for some farmyard shooting i set of on the 125 to the farm.

so i gets there and meets the farmers wife who shows me where i can shoot, i dropped 2 there and then to show off :D

anyway there is something special about this pemission, my prey look nice through the scope lol white pigeon/doves not one to complain i just thought of that dove recipe on here and kept shooting 8 birds later i picked up what i could reach (5 birds :doh: ) and headed back .

cuppa coffee and a biscuit later i headed home and saidi'd pick up me catch later. :toast: i think im onto a gooden here

but i might have to rezero to 10 yards because i was shooting at under that and hitting chests when i should have been hitting heads

atb rob

post-26738-1249490791_thumb.jpg

Good going there.

Did you impress the farmers wife? :lol:

Phantom

i didnt have to shoot anything to do that ;):icon_redface:

was good shooting at 5 yards i couldnt miss

i have taken the breast off them dove things and was wondering who put that recipe up about doves cos i was thinknig of doing that or marinading and smoking them topped with bacon

what do you reckon

Well done Rob, what kind of doves are they? be carfull which ones you eat ;)

they are specially bred white doves i think because they have eyelids like doves, are they are pure white but they are not originally from the farm they just turned up and started breeding (like doggers :icon_eek: ) so i was called in to get rid of some.

the jackdaws there are smarter when i went back to get the pigeons later without the gun they hopped round me.

i am going to smoke those crowns tomorrow and see what they are like

atb rob

Well done Rob, what kind of doves are they? be carfull which ones you eat ;)

they are specially bred white doves i think because they have eyelids like doves, are they are pure white but they are not originally from the farm they just turned up and started breeding (like doggers :icon_eek: ) so i was called in to get rid of some.

the jackdaws there are smarter when i went back to get the pigeons later without the gun they hopped round me.

i am going to smoke those crowns tomorrow and see what they are like

atb rob

Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie, so they used to eat them, you'll have to post the result :D

well i marinaded them in guinness, lemon juice and worchester sauce and smoke them with piece of bacon on each

it tastes a bit like venison in a way and is really nice we are having them for lunch tomorrow

atb rob

post-26738-1249584422_thumb.jpg

post-26738-1249584440_thumb.jpg