Popped my multikill cherry

Well I took the S200 out for a session yesterday with a mate of mine up to his permission. :notworthy:

After doing a bit of plinking on the range (and me dropping a metal squizzer at 50 yards) we went out into the fields. :victory:

First bunny was taken by my buddy using BizMags in .177 :clapper:

We wandered over to a particular 'hot spot' and as we approached a good 20 or so white fluffy tails did their usual disapearing act on us. I was determined I would get more than the one this time!

We split up and I went to snipe at this particular spot. Within 10 minutes my 1st bunny dropped to the floor with a little twitch!

Half an hour later bunny number two hopped :D out of the hedgerow turned to its left giving me a nice shot, just as the wind got up and as I pulled the trigger :angry: . Bunny jumped skyward landing on its butt then rolled onto its side, not a twitch, :D perfect I thought great shot 30 yards and lights out before it landed.

Then to my suprise :o , its hind leg started twitching, just nerves then the bloody thing got up and began running around NO fecking way :shok:

Sure enough it ran about 5 meters before I broke cover, scaring the others and legged it over to where it was still running.

It led me a right merry dance it did! :doh: every time I moved for it, it turned and went the other way!

I grabbed the scrim netting from around my head and chucked it over the bunny. Bunny laid down immediately, not a twitch.

Felt its chest no beat from the heart but just to make sure I broke its neck. I walked back to my spot and got settled again. Looking at the bunny I could see that the .22 had gone in one eye and out through the other :oops: . I put the pellet placement down to the gust of wind but decided I would not take another shot when it was gusting. This cost me a further 6 or seven bunnies but I would rather be safe than sorry :yes: .

Anyways about 40 mins later, from the same hedge row about 35 yards away out pops another Juvie. I raised myself up to the scope placed the crosshairs on its noggin just under it ear and POP!

HUH? bunny jumped and then sat bolt upright looking around.

Only forgotten to put the bolt down home so although the pellet went forward and spooked the bunny, the bolt blew back :duh:

I reloaded and placed the crosshairs just behind the eye as bunny was no longer in a perfect presentation. Gentle squeeze of the trigger and bunny was now a piece of meat on the grassland.

When Gutting them I came across a very unusual liver! At first I thought it may have been Tapeworm but the if I remember they are in little sac's off the liver or other organs.

I had to photograph it so someone on here could give me a better idea as to what it is.

Have a look and let me know what it is please I've not seen anything like it. Looked like soft Marble

Phantom

post-18667-1249414077.jpg

But this I need an answer for!

What is it?

post-18667-1249414089.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest buster321c

Coccidiosis: Eimeria stiedae is a parasite that can affect the liver of rabbits. This is a common disease in rabbitries and young rabbits. Coccidia may cause depression, diarrhea, weight loss, distension of the belly, and death. Diagnosis can be made by fecal examination but fecal can be negative because oocyites are shed intermittently. In severe cases where severe liver damage has occurred (the parasite can create yellowish-white nodular abscess-like lesions in the liver .

Liver fluke: Fasciola hepatica is a liver fluke that can affect rabbits that graze in pastures containing carrier snails (snails are an intermediate host for the parasite). Diagnosis may be made by a fecal examination. In some cases, the disease may not be detected until postmortem examination (examination of the tissues after death).

Dont think it liver fluke , but im not 100%

Buster

PS good post mate , nice one

I could see that the .22 had gone in one eye and out through the other :oops: . I put the pellet placement down to the gust of wind but decided I would not take another shot when it was gusting. This cost me a further 6 or seven bunnies but I would rather be safe than sorry :yes: .

it happens the good thing is you got there to dispatch it quick as pos i wouldnt be concerned about the wind thumper could of just twitch his nose and the same result i say it happens but not often

excellent write up enjoyed it thoroughly

as for the liver if that was human id say nutmeg liver like someone else said been on the wiskey could be simple as a bile leak or something more sinister check all the bunnies from that spot when you drop em just to see if its common there

Top write up Phantom. And congratulation on the popped cherry.

ATB

Michael

Cheers Master Michael.

I was determined I was not going home with only one bunny yesterday.

Penda: Funny you said that, thats exactly what I said as I opened it up!

Buster321C:

"In severe cases where severe liver damage has occurred; the parasite can create yellowish-white nodular abscess-like lesions in the liver"

That is very possible these marks appear to be white and in places yellowish.

GazGuildFord:

I've only had 5 bunnies from there and this is the 1st one I've seen. My buddy shoots up there on a very regular basis and he's not seen it before either. So looks like its in the minority :)

Phantom

Found it!!

After a very exhaustive search around the net, I confirmed what it is in the Image of the Liver :clapper:

Buster was almost spot on its called "Hepatic Coccidia" image that confirmed it is here:

http://www.radil.missouri.edu/info/dora/RABBPAGE/par.htm

Looks like its the second bunny from yesterday thats going into the bin :cray: (1st was wasted as Its intestines split and the nasty stuff inside made it onto the meat :sick: )

Thanks for the input guy's

Phantom

Guest buster321c
Found it!!

After a very exhaustive search around the net, I confirmed what it is in the Image of the Liver :clapper:

Buster was almost spot on its called "Hepatic Coccidia" image that confirmed it is here:

http://www.radil.missouri.edu/info/dora/RABBPAGE/par.htm

Looks like its the second bunny from yesterday thats going into the bin :cray: (1st was wasted as Its intestines split and the nasty stuff inside made it onto the meat :sick: )

Thanks for the input guy's

Phantom

Eimeria stiedae is a species of Eimeria that causes hepatic coccidiosis in rabbits.

Coccidiosis: Eimeria stiedae is a parasite that can affect the liver of rabbits. This is a common disease in rabbitries and young rabbits. Coccidia may cause depression, diarrhea, weight loss, distension of the belly, and death. Diagnosis can be made by fecal examination but fecal can be negative because oocyites are shed intermittently. In severe cases where severe liver damage has occurred (the parasite can create yellowish-white nodular abscess-like lesions in the liver .

ALMOST !!!

Cheeky get ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eimeria_stiedae