• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with inbreeding i imagine he has a huge brother as inbreedings are always likely to produce the extremes of what a line has to offer....

In my opinion its the way to go with a lot of these working staffs :thumbs: ......not sure the old kc would look too favourably on it but still f**k em !

Hope the lad gets a good home.

Line breeding is keeping your lines close and that staff is the right type for hunting very terrier type. His small size is a result of line breeding it tends to limit the size.

If i had the kennel space id have him over as theres very few staffs this size and if he worked out hed be some dog to put over a russel bitch.

Yes rest of the litter is quite big but to start with these dogs even though kc have been bred to be athletic lean and fit, hope someone can give this lad a go.

no i agree mate.....i meant more from a point of the kc regarding inbreeding as a no no....just out of interest will they register an inbred litter or not ?

I think the rules have changed you cant register a litter inbred now but this dog was bred before the law was placed so it is fine is there anyone in the West yorkshire area that would want to take me and my brother digging with this dog as i have never done it and would love to see how this fella does?

the kc dont allow mother son father daughter and full brother and sister matings anymore. they used to but that tv programe put them in the firing line and now they are doing the mad knee jerk thing trying to get their image back on track.

matty mate,kc dont do mother son ,dad daughter breeding or any other in line program you can think of, unless you put papers to him cant see how he is kc reg, my mate tried this 7 years ago came un stuck big time ,nice dog though , nice to see a fit staff not a lap dog ,credit to the fellow who owns hiim

Edited by nicksringo

yes your are wrong there. i have done a farther daughter mating a few years back and kc registerd them no problem.

things have changed now mind.

supprised this little stafford hasnt bein snapped up. looks a little belter.

good luck with the sale matty

I know many inbred litters registered with the kc no problem at all up untill the last year or so. I too am very suprised this lad has not gone was hoping a good terrier man may take him and give him the chance to earn his feed.