Is a Wheaten a good alternative to bull?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fence_hopper

i wouldn't put it like that (alternative) theres no difference with the two work wize IMO is just what you prefere some like the look of the bulls and some like the rough coat of a wheaten IMO

a good one certanly is. depends what you want from a bullcross. there are many forms of both types. line bred / first crosses / second crosses. greyhound cross whippet crosses blah blah.. what are you looking for in a lurcher. then you could be better advised :)

Edited by Cleanspade

the weaton gross lurchers are coming through alot now, i think a lot of it has to do with them having a broken coat so they hid e the mars bars a little better. i have worked wheatons along side bullx,s on the big fella and they are equal in aggrersion, i have also used both crosses as draw dog and where the straight wheaton is better as a draw dog then the straight bull i believe when they are crossed with greyhounds the bullx has alot more overal strength and arsehole and does the job alot better, thinks it is up to what ya want the dog for mate and personal preferance it like me i like both crosses but i love bullx's theres nothing like bouncing a pound coin off a muscly bullx

the weaton gross lurchers are coming through alot now, i think a lot of it has to do with them having a broken coat so they hid e the mars bars a little better. i have worked wheatons along side bullx,s on the big fella and they are equal in aggrersion, i have also used both crosses as draw dog and where the straight wheaton is better as a draw dog then the straight bull i believe when they are crossed with greyhounds the bullx has alot more overal strength and arsehole and does the job alot better, thinks it is up to what ya want the dog for mate and personal preferance it like me i like both crosses but i love bullx's theres nothing like bouncing a pound coin off a muscly bullx

I have a wheaton x and she a good 1 imo she puts things away put lacks the power of a bull x but my bitch is the racey type other ppl might have a stronger wheaton x but my bitch is game hunts real good ,good on lamp ,fast jumps out but only 43lb fit my bull x about 75 fit .

I have a wheaton x and she a good 1 imo she puts things away put lacks the power of a bull x but my bitch is the racey type other ppl might have a stronger wheaton x but my bitch is game hunts real good ,good on lamp ,fast jumps out but only 43lb fit my bull x about 75 fit .

like i said its not the arsehole its just the size and build, but straight wheatons are awesome animals!!!!!