suzuki grand vatara

Hi, can anyone pass on some info regarding the above 4x4?did think about freelander but got bad feed back!!,at the moment i have a combo crew van but thinking about getting a 4x4.

So any help would be great about vatara.

ATB Lindsay

can only comment on the sj410 which was great off road but loved petrol never got the little beast stuck anywere ive got a old vitara softtop which is great as long as you have offroad tyres on it for well offroad lol its the 1.6 petrol and does 30 -35mpg bits are dead cheap for it as well .

Edited by simba
yep i had one , a 2001 .

nice drive but was crap off road , nothing like the old ones infact i sunk it within a week.

Was a great motor I recon it was just the driver :D

I was thinking the same as mine is a 2001 20ltr petrol & it goes every wear just the ground clearance lets it down compared with a landy etc. I have 15yrs off-road experiance & very rarelly been boged could count on 1 hand in that time. Iv had 2 stags etc in mine & thats just road tyres on it i was looking at the general AT/2's but i do well with what i have.

• 2 weeks later...

SJ's are great off road but terrible on road especially if u've got many miles to do. vitaras are capable on & off & modified ones are readily available on ebay. the older manual TD's are hard to find but are really good, I was selling mine but have decided to keep it. Watch for the rot though, sills & arches ;)