Out of curiosity

Would anyone put either of these breeds over a grey?

Do you think one or both would bring anything of worth to a lurcher ....what advantages or disadvantages would you anticipate?

Australian kelpie

australien_kelpie.jpg

Blue Heeler

auscattledogbob.jpg

These ain't my dogs, just pictures found in Google. I would be interested in everyone's opinions. :yes:

Both breeds have been crossed with whippets and greyhounds for years and other watered down crosses with mixed success.

I have had ACD (blue heeler) crosses for the last 16 years, currently have a 8 year old first cross to first cross and a 18 month ACD/GREY/WHIP in my kennels, all been good hardy genuine workers, not hare coursers.

I've got a Acd x pup at 9 months old and am happy with how she's coming on,got a good nose on her,ain't shy of cover,very loyal,clever and although not tall(23"ish tts)she's very strong and has very good feet and legs on her.She is faster than she looks and haven't knackered her out on mooches out or walks so seems to have some stamina about her,this winter will be the test.

There was a thread like this a time back and we had some fine looking pics of both of these types of lurchers,there are a few about and the owners seemed pleased with them.

coneytrapper shes a very keen young dog but some times has retarded moments(i blame the stupid wedged headed greyhound bitch i used) , iv only used her for rabbits to be honist,she isnt the fastes dog in the world but if she did have that extra speed she would be capable dealing with anything thats put in front of her.

as any acd lurcher owner will tell you this cross is no better or worse than most every day collie/saluki/whippet/bull/deerhound crosses .for me they just have a likeable attitude.

one thing is definate i wont be with out one in my kennels.

asme9