Roe head. silver then Gold!

Some have you saw the photos of this buck J.D included. Got it measured at the gamefair and it went 129.60, which my heart sank at! Then realised they hadnt deducted for a small cut to the back of the skull, once i pointed this out they remeasured it at 130.60, scraped it!

It'll still go in at silver because they'd already signed it off. Have to admit to the measuring system being a bit fake though, all about opinions. Happy days though!

post-31610-1248706839_thumb.jpg

Nice set of antlers mate and nice to see you corrected the CIC boys. Golds gold what every way it comes, Mine made 130.35 but it is still gold well done

With the DCS attitude to deer removing the buck season i am sure there will be alot less shot in future some shot in velvet and others failing because the good genes have gone the way of the lamp.

post-34278-1248710996.jpg

Some have you saw the photos of this buck J.D included. Got it measured at the gamefair and it went 129.60, which my heart sank at! Then realised they hadnt deducted for a small cut to the back of the skull, once i pointed this out they remeasured it at 130.60, scraped it!

It'll still go in at silver because they'd already signed it off. Have to admit to the measuring system being a bit fake though, all about opinions. Happy days though!

Well done to you but as i have said our Scottish CIC judges are f**king useless they did that with a head of my brothers. It wasent till we got home & looked at the certificate i noticed they hadent measured it correct missed on a bit of the section it was like a half hearted effort. The head is now in for appeal but i hear they have a new system & dout it will come close now considering another head we had done just scraped through. I have a cracker to get done from last year but lack the heart to have it done.

Edited by v-max