trying to get a ferret... any help please?

hey. i want a ferret but my mam wont let me.. because she says they smell... bite.. and make howlong noises in the night....

the biting bit i know my way around by handling them all the time.... but do they smell ... and is there a way around this... and do they howl or make noises in the night and if so . is there a way around that??

Thank You,

Jake

hey. i want a ferret but my mam wont let me.. because she says they smell... bite.. and make howlong noises in the night....

the biting bit i know my way around by handling them all the time.... but do they smell ... and is there a way around this... and do they howl or make noises in the night and if so . is there a way around that??

Thank You,

Jake

hi they have there own smell and that aint much if anything really BUT thats providing you clean them out at least once a week.

also i think you should read up on ferrets because theres more to it than you think (maybe you have im just saying so you have a little knowledge on them)

and as for noise theres not a peep out them really. you get the odd noise but its nothing bad seriously. they need to be housed,fed,cared for,and lots more things

but as i said books will tell you all that . i think the best book for you would be "james mckay-complete guide to ferrets"

hope this helps. anything else just pm me and il help as good as much as i can

cheers sean

What your mom heard was probably a wolf ferret hybrid , sure someone on here tried to breed them :laugh: , if she sayes no then she sayes no, wait till your older to get one

[ BUT thats providing you clean them out at least once a week.

also i think you should read up on ferrets

I think YOU should do a bit of reading if you think cleaning them our once a week is acceptable.

Guest Countryboyo
[ BUT thats providing you clean them out at least once a week.

also i think you should read up on ferrets

I think YOU should do a bit of reading if you think cleaning them our once a week is acceptable.

:clapper:

question, in another post you comment on "going to see your mum" at weekends, a reason you couldent get a part time job, now if its your mum saying NO, I presume you want to keep it at hers, if you only visit at weekends, who will tend to it the other 5 days :hmm: keep it clean, important stuff like food and fresh water :hmm:

Guest Countryboyo
mum/ stepdad...

Lad I dont think you should get a ferret unless you can take full responsibility for it. If your mam and step dad have to mind your ferrets then your not ready for them yet. Give it time. When you are a big boy you will be better equiped to have ferrets. ;) good lad

Tell your mum that if she wont let you have ferrets you'll put her in the worst old folks home you can find, and the howling, I like to sit out on an evening with a beer and listen to my ferrets howl to each other :D

she says they smell... bite.. and make howlong noises in the night.

take no notice of any of that........thats just her and youre step dad upto no good after a few glasses of lambrini :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::D .

dont bother getting ferrets until you have the time and the knowledge to look after them properly.....thats my advice !!!

Do lots of research, ferrets dont smell if they are neutered/cleaned out regular, every animal as its own smell

and i dont think its any worse than cat/dog smell.

If a ferret bites, majority of the time is a reason behind why its biting, handle them regular and interact with em

and they make fantastic companions.

But you need alot of time, you need to get the biggest hutch you can afford or have space for, the bigger the better for

the ferrets.

They cannot be stuck in a cage all the time, your parents would have to let it out to give it exercise for a couple of hours a day would they do that?,and it cant be kept on its own, ferrets

do well with other ferrets & also i would say about the smell if its kept not cleaned out for 5 days yes it will smell.

In the meantime I would do alot of research and see if you have time for them and i would also save up

money as if ferrets get ill they can cost alot of money at the vets, its not just about buying a hutch.