HORSE SAVAGED BY PUMA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

me and my mate seen a big cat years ago we were going to watch the rally up the mounting from where i live we had only just gone into the forest walking along it was aboute 6 o clock am my mate shouted look at that when i looked up it was standing there looking strait at us aboute 20 meters away it was the size of a labrador sandy colure with a brown ring on the end of its tail it lept about 5 meters onto the banking and ran up through the trees it didnt make a sound going through the trees and it was realy fast

An escaped panther, maybe, or a puma living wild?

The sleek, black creature captured on camera has been dubbed the Beast of Billericay.

Police are certainly taking it seriously and have warned residents to be on their guard.

The "beast" has been spotted twice in the area in the past three weeks.

Student Marek Cerny took these snaps when he spotted it while he was trimming roses in the garden of a nearby house.

The 19-year-old, who is working as a gardener during his gap year, said the sight of the creature's coat glistening in the summer sunshine stopped him in his tracks.

He managed to take a few shots on his digital camera before the animal skulked off into the undergrowth.

Marek said: "I couldn't believe what I saw. I was very excited.

Sighting ... cop investigates

Sighting ... cop investigates

"The animal had huge, muscular shoulders, a small head, a long tail and big sharp ears.

"I went to get my camera in my flat because I was afraid to stand too close to it. The cat was just walking around the bushes very slowly. I think maybe it saw something.

"It was there for about three minutes. I was standing by the gate about 50ft away when it just shot into the bushes and vanished."

Marek contacted the police who later arrived at the scene in the village of West Hanningfield.

Officers took pictures of themselves in the spot where he had taken the snaps. They then used computer technology to compare the sizes of their bodies to the animal in Marek's photos.

Cat snaps ... Marek Cerny

Cat snaps ... Marek Cerny

Two days after the sighting last month police rang Marek to tell him it could be an escaped panther or puma.

Marek, who comes from the Czech Republic, caught a brief second glimpse of the creature last Friday.

He said: "I was cutting the grass in roughly the same area but this time I didn't have my camera.

"I went to get another worker from the house and he saw the creature as well. It was there for about ten seconds before it jumped into the bushes."

Marek said he told all his friends about the sighting and they laughed at him - until they saw the photos.

Two police wildlife crime officers visited Marek yesterday and examined the area.

The officers are believed to have found "deposits" left at the scene and took samples away for analysis.

A spokesman for Essex Police said last night: "I can confirm we are investigating sightings of a large cat at West Hanningfield in August and again on September 5.

"The photographs taken in August have been sent to an independent big cat monitoring group, which said the animal could be a big cat or a large domestic cat.

amazing how people spot these cats but one has never been shot , even if its not on your fac in fear of having your licence taken doesnt mean your mate didnt find a shot one ??

i need to see one dead at my feet before i believe it

as for 'i bet my bullx....' isnt there a clip on youtube of a couple of dogs killing a cheetah ? ok one of the dogs get disembowelled (spelling) but they kill it lol

More than one has been shot buddy..............Martin :thumbs:

has anyone seen a big cat while out lamping? about 10 years back me and a mate were out having a shine and we were walking through an uncut field to get to the next one we put the lamp on and saw a set of eyes above the grass we were down wind with the wind in our face and watched this thing walking up through the field my mate said it was a fox and wanted to slip the dogs, i thought with the hight it was maybe a roe but as we watched it, it just walked with a stride then we noticed the tail made us think maybe a labrador, but no houses for about 3 miles so ruled that out my mate was still convinced it was charlie, but my 2 dogs stood 24 and a half inches and could barely see over the grass he lifted his dog and said lets slip them i took another look at what was walking up that field and said i aint slipping mine on that, i put the lamp out and said you can slip yours but i aint and by the time the lamp went back on this thing was gone never seen anything like it again, and hope i never do and before any smart comments we wernt on drugs or alcohol this is a true story im not saying it was a big cat as i cant prove it but something inside told me not to slip my dogs on whatever it was and i dont regret not slipping them either