Raw & complete

I;ve found that chicken carcasses give an excellent bone:meat:fat ratio and the only time mine shit bullets is when they've had too many long bones. They've always been fine on ribs, carcasses, shin meat, head meat, trotters etc, with carcasses being the staple really.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

My thoughts exactly, Stabs:

Only a passing muse on why bother to put the 'complete' stuff into the mix at all?

Molly; I had a dog who I fed on Eukanuba. He too looked great on it. His coat shone. He seemed a happy, healthy dog. Right up untill he died, rotten with aggressive cancer, at the ripe old age of Eight years young.

So much for my own little experiment with the new 'Complete Diets'.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go and defrost my dogs raw minced meat .....

Guest MOLLY
I;ve found that chicken carcasses give an excellent bone:meat:fat ratio and the only time mine shit bullets is when they've had too many long bones. They've always been fine on ribs, carcasses, shin meat, head meat, trotters etc, with carcasses being the staple really.

I only feed lamb ribs and vertebrae Stabs, too much and they are hunched in the same position for ages :laugh:

Molly; I had a dog who I fed on Eukanuba. He too looked great on it. His coat shone. He seemed a happy, healthy dog. Right up untill he died, rotten with aggressive cancer, at the ripe old age of Eight years young.

You cannot be suggesting complete food gives dogs cancer :icon_eek: he probs would have died from it anyway?

Im not happy about the situation, ive been feeding barf for years. But i have to do what is best for the dog, and up to now this mix seems to be the best.

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY
Moll,

A lot of the ingredients in the cheaper ones are very much carcinogenic

Then why are they allowed to sell it...surely its against the law if its proven?

Thank god Eukanuba's not cheap..def not cheap :icon_eek:

MOLL.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I'm " Suggesting " nothing, Moll. That was a firm and catagorical statement of my long and irrevocably held personal belief. Same view was echoed to me by my own, then, highly experianced Vet. You and I have probably kept our share of dogs? Known a few who've kept a few, right? But when did people like you and I last pore over the latest issue of the Vetinary Medical Journals? On what have we do base our opinions? A core sample of half a dozen dogs of our own and a vague notion of what probably ever became of a friend of a friends dog. Someone we once knew but have now lost touch with.

No. I took my clue from Source. The Front Line. An experianced, full time professional Vetinary Surgeon could wipe the floor with us key board tappers. They have a vast wealth of litrature, commentary and experiance to draw upon. My Vet agrees that there has been a quantifiable upsurge in canine cancers since that vast sea change among us dog feeders.

I'm sat here smoking, as I write this. That'll kill me, eventually. Cancer. Cardiac Occlusion. Emphasima. Stroke? No one in their right mind denies that. Yet I appear to be functioning and getting along just fine right now. As may be many, many dogs getting fed 'Complete Diet' each day. And some will 'confound my theory' by living to a ripe old age on it. I once met a man, in his eighties, who'd smoked Woodbine's since he was a lad.

Does that negate the fact that Heart Disease and Cancer are now officially recognised as the two greatest killers in the western world? Or does it provide the exception that proves - on closer examination - the rule?

My sitting here smoking myself to death is my 'choice'. It's one of the few free choices I yet have left to me. Others, equelly, may choose to feed their dogs 'complete diets'. I've no arguement with them. However, having weighed the stated facts and then tested their hypotheseis? I'm damned if I'll kill another dog, just to make a point on an internet forum.

But each to their own, eh?

Then why are they allowed to sell it...surely its against the law if its proven?

Thank god Eukanuba's not cheap..def not cheap :icon_eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Cigarettes, Moll! Think cigarettes! :clapper:

Guest MOLLY

Ive read many things like that before stabs...the cancerous crap from slaughterhouse floors etc. But is it actually proven and if so why has nothing been done about it...im gobsmacked here, if this is the case most of the running dogs on here being fed the Dr Johns silver will be dead well before their hunting career is over :blink:

And why do vets promote dry food...not all vets are money grabbers trying to give your dog cancer so they can treat it..right?

Im not defending complete food, im very pro barf...even the kitten gets it (and occasionally the goldfish) you just need to think how buscuits stick in your own teeth to know what the dry food must do to dogs to name just one fault. I just cannot understand why nothing has been done about it?

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY

Arnt they are just peoples opinions though Stabs :unsure: . I did try various dry foods when i fed complete...even Dr Johns gold :laugh: But when the Eukanuba was reaching its use by date in Focus they used to sell it at half price, and i found it to be superb at the time compared to others i had tried :good:

Like i say, she does not do well on barf alone, even if the complete is just to get her back on track and then put her back to barf...dont know till i try do i?

MOLL.

Like i said i know all about the crap that goes into it, looked it all up years ago when i decided upon barf.

But interesting about this link you sent....

In my opinion, when we purchase these bags and cans of commercial food, we are in most cases purchasing garbage
And there is a link to the food & suppliments HE is selling ;):laugh: . Ive learned that just like reading the newspapers, you have to take things from the net with a pinch of salt. People trying to use scare tactics to get people to buy their products.

MOLL.

Guest whitser

does anyone else find the complete foods good? i've been using complete foods for years, feedwell in particular for the last six or so and all my dogs are in excellent condition. now they get meat as well a couple of times a week but its the feedwell that is the basis of their diet i wouldn't change it for anything.

My dogs eat complete dry food and seem ok but........

Reading those links about ingredients of pet food makes me wonder what really goes into the human food chain. Does anyone eat cheap sausages or still feed their kids on 'chicken' nuggets or reformed rib steaks that they sell in the supermarkets etc?

Food for thought? Maybe its just as well the dogs dont read the ingredient labels. Given the choice of bowl of dry or a fresh bone with 'bits' still on - I know which one the dogs prefer - they chew on the bone til their jaws are raw!!!

Moll, might I suggest you read Raw Meaty Bones - Promote Health, by Dr Tom Lonsdale. Alternatively you can download his latest book (Work Wonders, Feed Raw Meaty Bones) for free at www.rawmeatybones.com

The RMBs-Promote Health book is hundreds of pages of pure, INDEPENDENT scientific research. Well except the research included which was carried out by the pet food manufacturers, which believe it or not actually agrees with the rest - kibble causes cancer, periodontal disease, organ failure, auto-immune diseases and early death - and therefore not only makes a dog's (or cats, or ferrets) life a living misery of pain and illness, but kills 'em young to boot. Sound like scare mongering? Read it and see, it's hard science.

Dr Lonsdale (a British qualified vet of many years now living in Oz) does not sell "raw" diets or ingredients, or anything else. He simply hates to see the pet food manufacturers carry on killing pets/workers to make a buck.

Look at the studies in that first book, and you will never feed kibble again :cry: As for why would they be allowed to sell it? With respect (seriously), HA! As littlefish said, have you checked out the ingredients list on HUMAN foods lately?

The government allows the sale of cigarettes which undeniably kill millions of husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters every year. Slow, lingering, painful deaths. If they can allow that, which part of selling dog "food" would bother them? It's all revenue at the end of the day.

JMHO :)