Electrical query ~ Plugs

The Builders left behind a Floodlight on a stand about 5 years ago and I can't use It as It's not a normal mains Plug on the end, It's a 3 Pin thing which goes Into a Box?

Could I easily take this off and put a normall Plug on the end?

Would It run fine from my Mains?

Cheers, Butch

lets not panic here- 99.999999% sure it will be a 110v plug and bulb - as said -swap the plug for a normal mains plug an the bulb for a 240v one - probably a halogen one like outside security lights on your house that go on and off all night for no feckin' reason except to keep you getting up out of bed to see whos prowling - sorry got on a bit of a tangent there!!!!

done exactly the same myself -- keeps the fert shed nice and warm at night too!!

atb

chris

**ONLY ATTEMPT IF CONFIDENT WITH ELECTRICKERY AND YOU ARENT COLOUR BLIND - NO RESPONSIBILITY ACCEPTED FOR AND MISHAPS,FIRES,EXPLOSIONS OR WARFARE CAUSED BY YOUR ACTIONS***

I'd buy a box of bulbs while you're at it. Those fecking things are forever blowing if you intend to use the light a lot.

..or maybe that was just me being a clumsy tit, tripping over the cable whilst trying to skim! :blink: