can i keep 2 hob kits in the same cage

Getting another hob kit now wont pose any problems , but when they reach sexual maturity back end of the year & into next year they may fight , all you can do is seperate them when they start scrapping

so is that a 50 50 chance ?

there more likely to fight than not when there hormonal , they may be ok i kept entire hobs in the same cage all year round with no problem , but i have also had them fight untill they half killed each other

I had 2 brothers from my litter last year together and all they did was fight but not to bad untill they got abit older then 1 ripped of the others ear and gashed his head so i split them up. I sold the 1 that got injured and kept the other 1 he is now in with 3 other boys and there all getting along great. Its a chance you have to make if it dont work then just seperate them.

if the hobs are neutered can they be kept together all year round and will it reduce the musky odor that occurs during the breeding season ?.

the answer to that is yes also they will be a lot easier to handle and a lot quiter and get on better

Guest shadowz

yes if castrated they wont fight and the smell will go away.

They generally calm down as well.

Not to expensive to castrate hobs either and u will have a few months to save up if u get kits.

Guest shadowz

It very much depend on where u live in the country.

Down south its generally from £40-£60

Up north its generally a lot cheaper ( have seen it as cheap as £20 up north )

Worth phoning around a few vets and see what they charge and what experience they have ( a castration is a minor op these days and over within minutes )