I rent my house out due to my job moving. I'm now moving back into it and the tennants have moved out. I gave them three months notice, which i think is more than enough. When we came to get the house back they had not organised anywhere else to live. I gave them another week to move.

They finally moved and we moved in. Two weeks later i got a call asking for a stereo system they left in the loft. I had cleared the loft out as i needed the space. It was full of old crap from previous owners. I threw his old crappy stereo out with the rest of the junk and thought no more about it. They had been gone two weeks!! Just been told to get legal aide as he is taking me to court!! I spoke to him to try and sort it out but is only interested in taking me to court to get money out of me.

Who is right, me or him?

my friend had exactly the same problem that you have got, the person who was renting off you cant do anything now, it was up to them to remove all of there belongings from the house when they left,

they wont get anywhere with legal action,

Hi mate i used to work in this feild so to speak so lets say you say what stereo system then the tennant has to PROVE its was left there and thats near on imposs rather than him getting legal aid and he will, to chase you threw the courts because the system will favor him and the stress involved for you is beyond a joke....cant you get someone to go and talk real nice to him like ;)

Just you say that there was no stereo in the loft cause sure he would hardly have proof but i think your in the right cause if he wanted it he should have taken it with him not to say he didnt have time to get his stuff together lik. ATB

yea scarecrow is right mate he hasnt got a leg to stand on ;)

like most scarecrows then !!!!

seriously though...........he is taling the michael mate

i presume he is taking you to court himself ( not using a solicitor)

he'll get laughed out mate

dont think you have anything to worry about

cheers

sean

Edited by SEAN3513

I'm sure you wouldn't have thrown the stereo out if had looked to be worth anything substantial? ;)

Have you had a letter from a solicitor, or is it just him saying he's going to take you to court?