Kit has swollen anus, and pot belly

Guest Countryboyo

Thanks lads Hopefully I will be a ble to get a couple of stronger and maybe even older kits and I reckon I will feed them on birds and rabbits next time and give that kibble a miss. for stealthy one the mesh I used was one inch wire gauge mesh. the enclosure was 6 foot x 4 foot x 2 foot high. If anyone in the munster area has strong kits 4 months or older that were reared in a clean environment then let me know cheers.

The reason I was asking is that a mate of mine bought some cheap mesh for his cage fronts, and the mesh has some sort of coating on it, when the kits were teething on it, some bits flaked off, and the vet said after he'd looked at the contents of the dead ferrets stomach that this was problably thier cause of death, just a thought.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Countryboyo
Thanks lads Hopefully I will be a ble to get a couple of stronger and maybe even older kits and I reckon I will feed them on birds and rabbits next time and give that kibble a miss. for stealthy one the mesh I used was one inch wire gauge mesh. the enclosure was 6 foot x 4 foot x 2 foot high. If anyone in the munster area has strong kits 4 months or older that were reared in a clean environment then let me know cheers.

The reason I was asking is that a mate of mine bought some cheap mesh for his cage fronts, and the mesh has some sort of coating on it, when the kits were teething on it, some bits flaked off, and the vet said after he'd looked at the contents of the dead ferrets stomach that this was problably thier cause of death, just a thought.

Ok thanks stealthy one. no harm in considering every possibility, my cage isnt coated anyway. Id suppose the only ferrets for sale would be 2-3 month olds. Id love to get older gills like 5 months old but id suppose they would all be gone at this stage.