Stalking bunnies problem

Went out tonight on a new permission - it's a PYO fruit farm. Pigeons in the beans, raspberries, everywhere. Clever pigeons though so will sort them later. The bunnies are my problem. I have found where they like. The trouble is the ground - think of a square like a window with a cross in the middle. The top and left side of the cross are a public footpath the right side goes onto open ground and the bottom edges another crop. So far so simple. The cross in the middle are natural paths. The issue is the ground. If you cut a cross section it would look like an M. It goes up and down twice with a low point in the middle.

The rabbits can see me from miles away unless they are on a downward slope in which case shooting it causes problem with the backstop. The crop is split into rows of raspberry bushes so I can't see from left to right only from top to bottom.

How do I get them?

Davy you have PM.

The rest of you guys thanks for your suggestions. I think the best plan is bed in and wait. As they have punters during the day traps etc are out. Lamp may be good. I think sit in a bush and try not to sleep :)

Davy you have PM.

The rest of you guys thanks for your suggestions. I think the best plan is bed in and wait. As they have punters during the day traps etc are out. Lamp may be good. I think sit in a bush and try not to sleep :)

If you know where they are use drop traps, nobody seems to have mentioned that, commonly used in pest control!

Davy is a good man and I'm sure he will be able to help, if you want a real shooting party give me a shout! :thumbs:

Well I went out last night with a little help (you know who you are). Feeling a bit more positive about it and may have to invest in some lamping kit. Many thanks for the help. I will will work out how to get round it eventually. The pigeons aren't as clever as I thought either. Nothing a shottie wouldn't sort :)