i set about 25 mk 4 and 6 today i would never let me 13 year old set them yet good choice with the cages if you can wire them in place as well as hide them so they dont go walkes and check them morning and night as it is very hot at the mo.

good luck

ben

to be fair aaron i think you have made the right decision the mk4s are easy to set if you get them and if they snap on your hand it hurts to a b*tch but doesnt break your fingers believe me lol :icon_redface:

i am 17 and have massive hands and at first i still stuggled to set them but i persivered and managed fairly easily now. thye best thing to do is know your limits and dont push it and most of all treat spring traps with the upmost respect as they are designed to break bones

good luck with the cages

rob

Hi,

They are scary creatures when purchased new. Once they have been used a few time they do sofen up a bit. I am too chicken to set them without rubber glove on they give a bit of extra grip.

Its only the start of the setting that is hard. Once the spring is past a certain point it does sofen. You just have to flex those muscles a bit to start them off.

regards Roger.

hi all,

i have recieved some genuine mk6 fenn traps and they look impressive but but the problem is i cant even get the jaws open. i have followed instruction from the article on THL so please dont just send me the link for that. please bear in mind that i am 13. dose anyone have any suggestions?

thanks, Aaron.

Your buggered kidda, you should be able to open a mk6 by the time your 6 where I come from!!

Stick with the mouse traps :)

to be fair aaron i think you have made the right decision the mk4s are easy to set if you get them and if they snap on your hand it hurts to a b*tch but doesnt break your fingers believe me lol :icon_redface:

i am 17 and have massive hands and at first i still stuggled to set them but i persivered and managed fairly easily now. thye best thing to do is know your limits and dont push it and most of all treat spring traps with the upmost respect as they are designed to break bones

good luck with the cages

rob

Help me out here,you say the spring traps are designed to break bones,yet you say mk4's don't break the bones in your fingers :hmm: .All i can say is your mk4's must have a weak spring,i know two people who have had broken fingers with mk4's.

I got clipped by one when it had been raining and it was slippery,my hand slipped and the trap sprung and hit my thumb nail taking it clean off :icon_eek: :sick: lucky i moved my fingers to the side as i was just about to set it in a rabbit hole.

good luck with the cages

rob

Help me out here,you say the spring traps are designed to break bones,yet you say mk4's don't break the bones in your fingers :hmm: .All i can say is your mk4's must have a weak spring,i know two people who have had broken fingers with mk4's.

I got clipped by one when it had been raining and it was slippery,my hand slipped and the trap sprung and hit my thumb nail taking it clean off :icon_eek: :sick: lucky i moved my fingers to the side as i was just about to set it in a rabbit hole.

you were setting a mk4 in a rabbit hole :icon_eek::hmm:

Edited by aaronpigeonplucker

well mine are springer mk 4s geniune as the name stamped on the plate and a have killed many a rat in them including a 19" one the other day so the spring is strong enough and yes it fecking hurt and broke the skin but not my bone i just had three very sore fingers for a couple of days.

shit happens though but i was wearing thick rubber gloves if that affects anything.

so watch your fingers lads (and lasses)

happy trapping

rob