Stopped By The Police

My cousin and i got stopped by the police the other night on the way home from our permission, we were passing the local tip and they had report of two men breaking in the two previous nights.

The wanted to know what we had in the bags, so they laid them out on the path and unzipped them to see our rifles (we had told them we'd been shooting and that they were indeed air rifles) - they both looked shocked, I think they had an image of air ifles of being your old style, thin, break barrell types and here were these things with camo'd scopes/silencers with a big air bottle underneath them!

One guy dealt with me while the other dealt with my cousin, he asked again 'so what are they?' I told him its an air rifle, fires at around 11.odd fps - he replied 'That doesn't mean anything to me' - so I explained it it was over 12 he'd have me in for fire arms offence - to which he laughed!

Anyhow, after running a check on us both they sent us on our way, they were alright enough - but didn't have a bloody clue, I could of well had a centrefire or even a waterpistol and they wouldn't of known any different.

They didnt ask about permisson nor nothing, not good on there part.

They also found the plastic magpie decoy amusing? - maybe because it had the same colours as them! ?

Then as we left one said 'Don't go robbing any banks' - funny fooker. (it was 10:30pm).

not bad really mate. at least you could get on your way home and didnt have the hassle of them asking about your permission and where you had been, what you were shooting e.t.c. you can get funny f****rs that will question you till your blue in the face. and even put you through the hassle of having your gun chronoed

stupid plod not realiseing banks aint open at 10.30pm :clapper::clapper: at least you never got a hard time down here they would send for the firearms boys taken your guns and tested them more banks down here thou lol lol lol

They also found the plastic magpie decoy amusing? - maybe because it had the same colours as them! ?

or maybe it was shiney :D these two sound like a decent set of numpties you could of had a lot more hassel mate!!!

ATB Kie

Nice to hear a good story regarding the Police :clapper:

I spoke to one of the local PCSO's today Very Pretty :wub:

I stopped her and asked how I would get in touch with the local Fire Arms officer/unit.

She asked me if I wanted to apply for a SG or FAC. I told her that I've been shooting airguns for 30+ years and after a year and a half of shooting im my garden, the neighbours were getting stroppy and I just wanted a chat with him, so he could see my range setup, my pistols and Rifle. And maybe give my neighbours some reassurance that my pellets and guns do not defy basic laws of physics as they claim:rolleyes:

So she took my name address and mobile number and said she will leave a message for him when he gets back on Thursday :)

I also want to tell him/them about my permission so I dont wind up looking down the sharp end of an MP5

I'll let you all know what they say :)

Phantom

I also want to tell him/them about my permission so I dont wind up looking down the sharp end of an MP5

Phantom

Your best bet is to give their non-emergency number a call when you go to your permission. Tell them where you are and what you are shooting. Let them know when you are done and I wouldn't think you will have any kind of issue. If someone calls saying they can hear shooting they'll hold off on the armed lads.

i know its not airguns but me and my mate got pulled about 2 weeks ago by an officer when we had are shotguns, we were going to shoot behind the tractor as he cut his fields, any way the officer started telling us that we were not aloud "air weapons" in a public place and when we told him they wernt airguns he had a shock. Lets say he wanted are guns as we didnt have proof of where we were going but just as we were telling him we were doing nothing wrong the farmer came around the corner in his tractor and he told the officer he knew us and we were going shooting with him, he still didnt believe us but he had to go to something urgent so he took are details and then started telling us about safe shots and backstops as we were shooting on flat ground?(its far from flat and we were shooting in the air) i think he tried it on with us as me and my mate are both 17.

many years ago the police stopped me and granite man and it was the same sort of thing ,he checked the gun over and seemed quite impressed ,it was a bsa superstar which had an underlever which could look like to barrels to someone who didnt have a clue and with a 3-9x50 supermoonlighter scope on ,i spose to what people remember their dads owning which possibly had no scope atached these air rifles now really look the biz with magazines,silencers etc ,any way he said i tell you what i'll just take it back to ya mums ,check we were cool to be out with a gun and that was it he was sound and on his way he went :clapper: