dog scratching his ears constantly

heya, my dog had some real bad clogged up ears a few weeks back, which seemed to appear almost overnight. got the drops n sorted that out, no more wax since, but he literally wont stop scratching his ears, he's taken most of the fur off behind them now too and is starting to cut himself. he really dont seem comfortable at all. vet checked and reckoned there is no critters on him and gave me some stuff to put on his ears to stop the itching. it works for about half an hour and he is back on them again.

any ideas? could it just be the heat???

my first thought would have been mites in the ear but if the vets checked dont know i would take him back to vets and explain the drops only work for 10 mins then he scratching again must be something there if he scratching that bad to break skin

yeah, must be something there. he even wakes me in the night sometimes grunting an whining as he is scratching so hard.

maybe i'll try a different vet!

i would try different vet sounds like either grass seeds or mites is there any dark wax residue in ear

matty73

i would try different vet sounds like either grass seeds or mites is there any dark wax residue in ear

yeah he had real bad wax, but thats gone now, but he has got dark residue on the inside of the floopy bit

so 95% mites u guys reckon yeah? whats good for getting rid? would he have picked that up from the grass? or other animals or what?

Had to go to vets today with same problem, bitch was tearing at her ears, turns out it is earmites, she gave me CANAURAL ear drops to be applied twice a day for seven days. She showed me them, but i could not see them until she got a magnifying glass, tiny little f**kers. Hope your dog gets better. :thumbs: