Brittany spaniel x whippet

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the best dog iv seen on the lamp was a beagle cross is all i could call her..and like that too cute for her own good running one way while the rabbit another and her biggest bag was 30 rabbits in a few hours and would have taken more too if i would have continued so i say why not...

dont know what you have posted before to the reason why people are against ya...

but there are so many x greyhounds to make up a lurcher so i cant see why your mates dog wouldnt do the biz ;)

regards SS

well the best dog iv seen on the lamp was a beagle cross is all i could call her..and like that too cute for her own good running one way while the rabbit another and her biggest bag was 30 rabbits in a few hours and would have taken more too if i would have continued so i say why not...

dont know what you have posted before to the reason why people are against ya...

but there are so many x greyhounds to make up a lurcher so i cant see why your mates dog wouldnt do the biz ;)

regards SS

you cant of seen many good dogs on the lamp then,just cos 1 blokes got a decent brittanyx doesnt mean theyre a good x ffs,you wanna get hold of jrtxgreyhound,he might be interested :blink:

Guest gaz100604

regards SS

you cant of seen many good dogs on the lamp then,just cos 1 blokes got a decent brittanyx doesnt mean theyre a good x ffs,you wanna get hold of jrtxgreyhound,he might be interested :blink:

your talking out your arse pipe craigyboy i seen this dog supersam is talking about take all 30rabbits in hr and half, she was best dog he had had regular 25s 30s for many a night , his dogs sam and bob take regular 20s on lamp he has more permission that you and me could ever dream of , ask scent and company before you start spouting shite on here pal :no::no:

it would be a accidental mating

i doupt many would entertain sutch a cross

It was advertised in the counrty mans for a while someone came up with a stud and tried it.. Im not saying they are all good but am asking has anyone else seen one ... Its new to me

i think your mates a lucky fecker,and got a one off :clapper:

Maybe he can just train dogs better than most on here :) Gundog crosses make very good hunting type lurcher. Before people put silly post up maybe they would like to tell us why ITO such a cross would be of no use. As ive heard it all before like with the saluki cross and now every one has them.

• 4 weeks later...
it would be a accidental mating

i doupt many would entertain sutch a cross

It was advertised in the counrty mans for a while someone came up with a stud and tried it.. Im not saying they are all good but am asking has anyone else seen one ... Its new to me

i think your mates a lucky fecker,and got a one off :clapper:

Maybe he can just train dogs better than most on here :) Gundog crosses make very good hunting type lurcher. Before people put silly post up maybe they would like to tell us why ITO such a cross would be of no use. As ive heard it all before like with the saluki cross and now every one has them.

The Brittany x Whippet was my first lurcher and has been so easy to train. yeh he has been difficult at times but that could of been down to my inexperience. As of the working side of it he has always been on the ball and ready. I have successfully caught plenty of rabbits with him through ferrettin and lampin and the dog enjoys rattin. He was ratting since 6 months old and is now 4 years old and still goin strong.

That dog looks capable enough to me, as far as you can tell from a photo, but I would never have guessed it was half brittany!

Seems to me people are too bothered about crosses and percentages etc, if the dog does the job why worry? There are plenty of "bitsa" lurchers out there with who knows what in their make up. If your dog does what you need it to do then that should be good enough? :yes:

Looks like it would be a good little rabbiting tool. :thumbs: Most spaniels I know would catch rabbits if they were quick enough, I don't know why folk are knocking a dog they've never seen work. No ones stated that this is the next ultimate x breed of lurcher.

...but then people (rightly) don't like folk making money out of passing a dog on, maybe it's got more to do with the topic starter.. :hmm: