hi,

i am 17 years old and i am looking aty becoming a BASC member for insurance purposes, thmembership i would require is juniour as i am under 18 at a price of £20.

my two questions are:

would i receive the same cover 10 million £ public liability etc?

and it defines it as a person under 18 yrs of age who fires section 1 and 2 firearms, what are these, as i fire airgun and shotgun as well as ferreting

thanks

rob

Edited by ellir0305

everyone joins BASC but I feel they are trying to make themselfs rich by puting forword ideas to the government, like no one should be able to own a shotgun unless they have had BASC training, think of the money they would make if ever person in brition who shoots had to pay them for this course. They are also pushing for the DMQ 1 to be the minimum requirement for owning a firearm, again if everyone pays the £275 they charge for the DMQ BASC would be laughing all the way to the bank. I know they say they have shooting in mind but theres just somthing that doesn't sit right with me.

Join the NGO ( The National Gamekeepers' Organisation) you get Third party insurance* to £10 million with them.

I could be wrong in some parts and no doubt someone will tell me.

Edited by Bobba_fett

I have just left BASC and joined the Countryside Alliance.

They are all in it for money, especially the BASC officers.

"Most wildfowlers think BASC stinks" Thats what one of their top knobs said.

They have, in recent years, set themselves up as bankers, lending their members' money to people that want to buy shooting marshes, but they tend to charge more interest than the high street banks.

everyone joins BASC but I feel they are trying to make themselfs rich by puting forword ideas to the government that no one should be able to own a shotgun unless they have had BASC training, the money they would make if ever person in brition who shoots had to pay them for this course. They are also pushing for the DMQ 1 to be the minimum requirement for owning a firearm, again if everyone pays the £275 they charge for the DMQ BASC will be laughing all the way to the bank. I know they have shooting in mind but theres just somthing that doesn't sit right with me.

Join the NGO ( The National Gamekeepers' Organisation) you get Third party insurance* to £10 million with them.

I could be wrong in some parts and no doubt someone will tell me.

:clapper::clapper: BASC is a money grabbing waste of space organisation if you are after insurance join the NGO

I'm with BASC, were very rapid with help when I needed it. Plenty of people ready to slate them on here though.

....and damn right people should have some sort of training before owning a gun!

Edited by Fidgety
I'm with BASC, were very rapid with help when I needed it. Plenty of people ready to slate them on here though.

....and damn right people should have some sort of training before owning a gun!

The police dont just give anyone a gun, u have to prove you'v been out with someone who knows what there doing.

I dont think there is anything wrong with this method, why should BASC be aloud to cash in?

Edited by Bobba_fett

BASC operates safe shot assesments at game fairs for a fiver - fair price i'd say! Someone has to be paid to teach.

At the end of the day, it depends which organisation suits your circumstances.

Have to agree that BASC are cruising close to influencing the licencing system. Basic training could easily be made free.

Edited by Fidgety

I am a member of BASC as a member of a shoot. We were going to have a visit from one of their officials before the start of this coming season, and then they said it would be £750, to have someone with a badge come and have a look around the shoot, "mmm" and "aarrgh", and poss have a picture taken. Personally I'm not sure I'd bother if it was'nt through the club, I would probably join the Keeper's. Cheers