putting hob in with kits?

My jill has had 7 kits can i put my hob in to help her with them because they are starting to crawl out the nest now.Ihave seen her picking them up and putting them back in the nest. Will he do the job to??????????????????????????????????????

My jill has had 7 kits can i put my hob in to help her with them because they are starting to crawl out the nest now.Ihave seen her picking them up and putting them back in the nest. Will he do the job to??????????????????????????????????????

Its a tough one nercwys. I did it about 4 weeks ago, just took a chance. And the bloody hob was better at mothering them than her!!

Just keep your eye on them, and if you see any resentment, remove him pal.. If he is well natured, i would think you can try it.

Aye its a big gamble all you can do is put nim in and watch him my hob doesn't bother the kitts but he lie's on them killing them because he's a lazy big bugger

i have the same kind of problem too. my kits are now 10 weeks old and i have weaned them, i put the jill in the back in the court with the hob and left the kits in the spare hutch, they have now out grown this and wanted to know if i could put them all together? hob is a bug softy, jill was a bit snappy when she had the kits. cheers

As soon as the kitts we breed this year reach about 10wks 5 of the kitts will be packed off to

there awaiting homes and the 1 kitt we are keeping and her mum will be slowley re introduced back

into the court with the other jills and the old vasectomised hob we put them in a small

cage in the court for a day or 2 first then go from there

touch wood never had any probs this way

GOOD LUCK MATE