My lurcher bitch was spayed 11 days ago, she had her stitches out yesterday, i was wondering wether the vets cocked up on it, it was a locum vet that did it as my usual vet was on holiday and hes the only one that i really trust with my dogs. The nurse said that she had had an alergic reaction to the stiching material. Some of the wound is still slightly open and it has been oozing a little blood.

Has anyone seen a spay wound like it before? My other bitch was spayed 4 years ago when she had a c section and hers was fine.

000_0124.jpg

11 days post op the wound should be healing well if the area if getting increasingly inflamed it could be 2nd to an infection (hard to tell from photo) if your normal vet is back i would go back and get their opinion.

Guest oldskool

it will be interesting to hear wat ur original vet has to say, i think it looks a bit like amatuer hour to me. if the dog was having an allergic reaction to the stiching material then the sensible thing for the vet to do is to take the stitching out and perhaps use staples or something instead... im not a vet so i wont pretend to know wat i am talking about but i know i wouldnt be happy with that job.