3/4 grey 1/4 collie be ok for charlie????

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ye that is what i think, both got strengths and weaknesses which when geting a dog you think about and as it shows bull greyhound are the most popular hunting dog out there at the moment now why is that then :D

well for me the reason that bull cross running dogs are so popular is that a lot of young silly boys just want out and out killing machines wich trueth be told there not all,a lot of responsible folk have them for good reason but too many silly boys are into them as well thus the huge popularity.now with a traditional type be that what it may for me any way is something thats clever vercitile loyal but harty and a dog to take most all at least all i can eat, good retreavers face cover and water do all manner of day and night work something that thinks well for its self.that why traditional crosses are not in vogue because most kids to day cant think for them selves never mind the dogs.its wrong to think just because its a bull cross it is the dog for the job,definetly good stuff around but not all as with any type of lurcher.

ye that is what i think, both got strengths and weaknesses which when geting a dog you think about and as it shows bull greyhound are the most popular hunting dog out there at the moment now why is that then :D

well for me the reason that bull cross running dogs are so popular is that a lot of young silly boys just want out and out killing machines wich trueth be told there not all,a lot of responsible folk have them for good reason but too many silly boys are into them as well thus the huge popularity.now with a traditional type be that what it may for me any way is something thats clever vercitile loyal but harty and a dog to take most all at least all i can eat, good retreavers face cover and water do all manner of day and night work something that thinks well for its self.that why traditional crosses are not in vogue because most kids to day cant think for them selves never mind the dogs.its wrong to think just because its a bull cross it is the dog for the job,definetly good stuff around but not all as with any type of lurcher.

I will put myself in the firing line here. I think there are two reasons for the popularity of the bull cross, first the young lads like a dog with a bit of bull because it's tough gotta be it has bull in it. The other reason is they are a more straight forward hard charging dog, it's easier to get them going and put game in the bag.

Collie crosses require more work to bring out their potential, a good collie cross is a thing to behold but requires more effort than a bull to be all it can be. Basically bull crosses are for the impatient types who want quick results. The collie cross appeals to the guys who like to take their time and end up with a dog that is more versatile.

Time to duck out and avoid the sh*t rain!

atb Dirtwinger

I will put myself in the firing line here. I think there are two reasons for the popularity of the bull cross, first the young lads like a dog with a bit of bull because it's tough gotta be it has bull in it. The other reason is they are a more straight forward hard charging dog, it's easier to get them going and put game in the bag.

Collie crosses require more work to bring out their potential, a good collie cross is a thing to behold but requires more effort than a bull to be all it can be. Basically bull crosses are for the impatient types who want quick results. The collie cross appeals to the guys who like to take their time and end up with a dog that is more versatile.

atb Dirtwinger

clever vercitile loyal but harty and a dog to take most all at least all i can eat, that is what bull crosses are yes people do use them for wrong reason in some caseses but in the right hands can become brilliant all round running dogs . also yes you get quick results out of bull crosses which is nice so while you are trying to get your collie crosses to run at a rabbit we move on to over things making are dogs all rounders earily and you know what they say pratice makes perfect and more they catch they become the ultimate running dog :D;)

Edited by bow123

atb Dirtwinger

clever vercitile loyal but harty and a dog to take most all at least all i can eat, that is what bull crosses are yes people do use them for wrong reason in some caseses but in the right hands can become brilliant all round running dogs . also yes you get quick results out of bull crosses which is nice so while you are trying to get your collie crosses to run at a rabbit we move on to over things making are dogs all rounders earily and you know what they say pratice makes perfect and more they catch they become the ultimate running dog :D;)

Never seen a clever bull x yet

cant fault my bull x or any bull x i have had .. i had a bitch that used to do everyhting (work with ferret - terriers - mark up walk on side of bush while terriers was graftin retrieve live to hand sof mouthed on rabbit and new how to change on the bigger game ) my favourite dogs are bull breeds but in the wrong hands there a problem and thats y the breed is where it is today just hope the lurcher side dont get like it

cus chavs like them :yes:

cant fault my bull x or any bull x i have had .. i had a bitch that used to do everyhting (work with ferret - terriers - mark up walk on side of bush while terriers was graftin retrieve live to hand sof mouthed on rabbit and new how to change on the bigger game ) my favourite dogs are bull breeds but in the wrong hands there a problem and thats y the breed is where it is today just hope the lurcher side dont get like it
its got a hughe chance going that way as i say silly kids with a dog they definatly dont deserve,no dout there are genuine bull lurchers and ive seen clever in the right hands just not the majority,out and out hard pests dont think youle get better than bull as ive said many times befor for me bull blood is king on hard game but for traditional work a mouchers dog would stick with traditional lurchers.

I know off one up here in scotland that takes them better than any bullx i have seen,and before anyone kicks off i have owned and seen working bullx since 1988,in fact if anyone is breeding good colliex get in touch as i would be intrested in a pup

Different dogs for different folks nothing wrong with that. Your bull man will fix things with a hammer while the collie man will use a screwdriver, they both work but one has more finesse than the other. Nothing against the bull lads but I will stick to the collie cross.

atb Dirtwinger

Different dogs for different folks nothing wrong with that. Your bull man will fix things with a hammer while the collie man will use a screwdriver, they both work but one has more finesse than the other. Nothing against the bull lads but I will stick to the collie cross.

atb Dirtwinger

dont know keep collies me self one wich is very sharp but night in night out bull blood i think do better collies think to much thus about whats coming and try to hard to work an advantage good bulls get in no matter were it has to take.

been hearing some very good things about that bitch of yours bow, how old is she?

bulls bullx is very clever and the bullx i have hear is smart aswell

shes 25 months now mate , im happy with her doing well had a good last season cant wait till next one :)

my bull cross is quite clever but ive been out with my cousin and his dog rio which is also a bull cross is a right clever dog, older dog think clever can come with age and experiance with any running dog