lamping

Guest lurchers&terriers

Guest lurchers&terriers

iv noticed while reading posts on here a lot of people drive the fields when lamping insted of walking :icon_eek: :icon_eek: whats that all about then. I understand some people will need results but other than that it must just be lazyness. Also driving up to the quarry and then letting your dogs out isnt much sport is it. Your not giving the quarry much chance are you really. Also how does this fair with fields full of livestock etc. I was of the impression that the kind of people that do this are gangs of yobs who kill anything and treat there dogs like crap but its not just them is it? its every body these days en it? corect me if im wrong please. :victory:

to be honest nothing beats a good six hour ramble round the countryside with your dog, i don't understand this new culture of lamping and shooting from a car or quad bike

it tis pure lazyness, predictable and must eventually get boring

i love returning with my dog both content after a good long stretch of the legs even if you have to carry it and may make more noise its worth it

bring on winter!!!

Guest world.hunters

i prefer to have a good walk round on foot creaping upto the quarry climbing over the fences trying to be quite wind and rain in your face its all part of the fun for me and then its always nice to get home kick you shoes of and sit down

iv noticed while reading posts on here a lot of people drive the fields when lamping insted of walking :icon_eek: :icon_eek: whats that all about then. I understand some people will need results but other than that it must just be lazyness. Also driving up to the quarry and then letting your dogs out isnt much sport is it. Your not giving the quarry much chance are you really. Also how does this fair with fields full of livestock etc. I was of the impression that the kind of people that do this are gangs of yobs who kill anything and treat there dogs like crap but its not just them is it? its every body these days en it? corect me if im wrong please. :victory:
Results mate. Thats what its all about. Its a case of "Dont knock it until youve tried it" atb stabba

there seems to be some myth that stuff just sits around in the fields at night and lampers drive up to it and throw the dog out the window on top of it theres a bit more to it than that try doing 40mph across a wet boggy field in pusuit of quarry thats allready going full pelt towards a wood its not quite the sitting duck scenario people think it is ;)

Guest joe ox
iv noticed while reading posts on here a lot of people drive the fields when lamping insted of walking :icon_eek::icon_eek: whats that all about then. I understand some people will need results but other than that it must just be lazyness. Also driving up to the quarry and then letting your dogs out isnt much sport is it. Your not giving the quarry much chance are you really. Also how does this fair with fields full of livestock etc. I was of the impression that the kind of people that do this are gangs of yobs who kill anything and treat there dogs like crap but its not just them is it? its every body these days en it? corect me if im wrong please. :victory:

Its not about being lazy its about getting the dogs more runs. As for saying its not much sport and not giving them a chance is just silly and shows you obviously slating something you have no experience of!

At the begining of the season when the young and daft are about do you run them? because they can be easy and not much sport.

The more you read some of these folk, the more you realise they do absolutely feck all!!

There is a world of differance between driving headlands and cut stubbles on big permission to driving all over some poor feckers crops.

Back in the day, you may have only wanted your dog to run one paticular quarry and on big permission you may need to travel around a bit to find it.

You didnt want your dog to have run all and sundry when the chance at the real game came, but that was back then and this is now.

Make your judgement when you have actually got out and about a bit and seen some things........any c**t can have a quick walk round the fields at the back of there house and then come on here and criac on like a legend! :yes:

Some places you have to walk and some places you have to drive.......it really is as simple as that.

Edited by WILF