ess pulling

Firstly, a dog pulls because it thinks it know where it is going. So put the dog on a lead and start walking in a large open space where you have plenty of room.

Then as the pulling starts, immediately change the direction in which you are walking.. Its pyscology!! It gets the dog out the habbit of pulling because it no longer knows in which direction to go!!

Obviously this requires repetition and consistency over a period of time.

See how you get on :)

Firstly, a dog pulls because it thinks it know where it is going. So put the dog on a lead and start walking in a large open space where you have plenty of room.

Then as the pulling starts, immediately change the direction in which you are walking.. Its pyscology!! It gets the dog out the habbit of pulling because it no longer knows in which direction to go!!

in addition try looping the lead when you change direction let go of the loop it'll give an extra jar and maybe a little more incentive

I will watch this topic with interest as my 2yr old springer still pulls but as soon as I stop she circles straight back to my side. Our walks consist of quite a lot of stops!!! :11:

I think you need to keep your lead short mr dooley. Good luck

I have seen this method used on Dog Borstal and thought I was copying it but it didn't seem to work for me. I now realise that I was doing it in the street and not a wide open space. I will resume this training method out in the open.

you are bang on there mate i got a 11 month old cocker now she pulls like hell cant stop her as like tyou said she noes were she ig going and its =in the morning and night if i have to put her on the lead when we are out she does not pull.

you are bang on there mate i got a 11 month old cocker now she pulls like hell cant stop her as like tyou said she noes were she ig going and its =in the morning and night if i have to put her on the lead when we are out she does not pull.

Get on the field boys it works.Every now and again he will pull just a little.Ispent all two days doing this and he got it. Short slip lead is the key and as high as it will go around the back of the head.good luck.