Leave it to someone who can

Hi all.I am sorry if this may affend some people.(But) I am sick hearing how dogs dont meet some peoples needs and have to go.Owners should know there needs before they take a dog on.Think about what you require of the dog before you get it.Ask youself how much time you are willing to put into it.Training Bonding,Working the dog,Kennels.I could go on .Some owners give up far to soon.They are not willing to put the time and effort into the dog to get the best out of it.Then start crying the dogs no good will have to go.You can spot them easy.The dog is most litely under two years old.Anouther thing at what age do you deside the dog is no good for your needs ? I am not haveing a go at everyone .Far from it.We all know who puts in the efford.In my area i know about twentyfive dog men out of them i would say four are for real.So if you cant pick or train a dog to meet your needs .Leave it to someone who can. Catcher 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest boysfaetheblackstuff
Hi all.I am sorry if this may affend some people.(But) I am sick hearing how dogs dont meet some peoples needs and have to go.Owners should know there needs before they take a dog on.Think about what you require of the dog before you get it.Ask youself how much time you are willing to put into it.Training Bonding,Working the dog,Kennels.I could go on .Some owners give up far to soon.They are not willing to put the time and effort into the dog to get the best out of it.Then start crying the dogs no good will have to go.You can spot them easy.The dog is most litely under two years old.Anouther thing at what age do you deside the dog is no good for your needs ? I am not haveing a go at everyone .Far from it.We all know who puts in the efford.In my area i know about twentyfive dog men out of them i would say four are for real.So if you cant pick or train a dog to meet your needs .Leave it to someone who can. Catcher 1

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: WELL SAID CATCHER

I Agree with you there Catcher 1 people dont realize what they are taking on especially alot of the youngsters coming into the game basically the first year of a lurcher with me is all down to training,fetch,sit,come,stay and the most important one is in my eyes is breaking then to stock that is a (MUST!!! ) just all the basics then move on to the other things like crossing water,jumping,retrieving and getting it used to kids and getting on with other dogs.I am not deliberately singling out youngsters as a lot of them I have seen over the past 5 years have been out with someone lamping ect for the first time and think they can just buy a lurcher pup and it all comes naturally this is just my daughters opinion on this aswell as her father keano :thumbs:

Hi Keano I am not putting this down to youngsters. this seems to be basics at all ages.Some can be be young and have a brain some can be older and have none.There is some fad going round you must have the very top of the range dog.Outherwise it is no good . :censored: If we all had the very best off dogs i would be in deep shit lol.I put up this Topic becuase i read on one today some guy was shooting his dogs because they wherent meeting his needs.So i ask again at what age do you give up on a dog.Know me Keano i never give up on a dog.Its allways good for something.atb. Catcher 1

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: WELL SAID CATCHER

Cheers ma man.atb. Catcher 1

a know what your sayin catcher1, a just got ma first lurcher there n all a do is think about it, am a feeding it [bANNED TEXT], when do a start the training, what ways am a goin to go about training it, will it take to the training. a know when u get a dog its a lot a responsibility and it can be very stressful. when a was younger a use to take on wee terriers and sometimes it use to be left in the kennel all week because a was too busy out with pals then when a took the wee dog out a was expecting it to jump through hoops. when taking on a dog u should be ready yourself to give the commitment to the dog and take your time with it. prime example ma dads springer spaniel was 15 months old and wouldnt retrieve but it would do everythin else u would want a gundog to do. he was ready to advertise it and a said give the dog a chance and maybe when it goes out hunting with the live game it might get to grips with the retrieving, still got the dog and its 3. its proberly the best retreiver out the 3 gundogs hes got. a got ma wee lurcher because a know am ready now to put ma time into the dog and if a do put the time and take ma time wae the dog a know al not go far wrong

atb john

WELL SAID THANK YOU !!!!!!! :clapper: :clapper:

a know what your sayin catcher1, a just got ma first lurcher there n all a do is think about it, am a feeding it [bANNED TEXT], when do a start the training, what ways am a goin to go about training it, will it take to the training. a know when u get a dog its a lot a responsibility and it can be very stressful. when a was younger a use to take on wee terriers and sometimes it use to be left in the kennel all week because a was too busy out with pals then when a took the wee dog out a was expecting it to jump through hoops. when taking on a dog u should be ready yourself to give the commitment to the dog and take your time with it. prime example ma dads springer spaniel was 15 months old and wouldnt retrieve but it would do everythin else u would want a gundog to do. he was ready to advertise it and a said give the dog a chance and maybe when it goes out hunting with the live game it might get to grips with the retrieving, still got the dog and its 3. its proberly the best retreiver out the 3 gundogs hes got. a got ma wee lurcher because a know am ready now to put ma time into the dog and if a do put the time and take ma time wae the dog a know al not go far wrong

atb john

Look johnbhoy You know the score.Your dad had some great dogs and you were out with him learning like i was of my old dad.Remember Mayes your dad cocker the best i have ever seen.It was moving hares for dash 1994.Its good to see a young man who knows he has to be commited to his dog.john you have trained gun dogs for a long time mate .A Lurcher is much the same i know you .It will be no hassle.atb. Catcher 1

:clapper: Wholeheartedly agree around here it is the same in the two local villages near me there is about 20 "dogmen" and only 2 of them are for real and i would imagine it is the same the length and breadth of the country :angry:
:clapper: Wholeheartedly agree around here it is the same in the two local villages near me there is about 20 "dogmen" and only 2 of them are for real and i would imagine it is the same the length and breadth of the country :angry:

Thanks for reply mate.You get the good then you get the bragers ? we know :whistling: Catcher 1

atb john

Look johnbhoy You know the score.Your dad had some great dogs and you were out with him learning like i was of my old dad.Remember Mayes your dad cocker the best i have ever seen.It was moving hares for dash 1994.Its good to see a young man who knows he has to be commited to his dog.john you have trained gun dogs for a long time mate .A Lurcher is much the same i know you .It will be no hassle.atb. Catcher 1

cheers catcher1 a know if am ever stuck you and keano will have advice fur me

atb john

atb john

cheers catcher1 a know if am ever stuck you and keano will have advice fur me

atb john

P M ME NOW