Springer retrieves but wont come to me

I have a 1 year old springer bitch, she will retrieve the dummy but will not come to me. She has been called a 'holly' since the start but will not react when her name is called. She can hear as she understands sit and stay. When she retrieves the dummy, she will not come to me with it. She will carry it to about 5 - 10 yards from me and thats it.

I have tried coaxing her to me with some dog nuts, little bones, even meat, still wont come to me with the dummy, I have to go to her.

She gets out along with my two other labs and springer (all bitches), and sees the two labs retrieving away and bringing the dummy to me.

Another problem I had with her, I took her out in January at the end of the pheasant season to give her a feel for being out but she tore two birds off the lab on me.

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Ryan

run away backwards from her as she returns (she'll follow) calling her to heal then start by taking the retrieve whilst moving and over time slow how fast you move away from her and eventually you'll get her moving slowly on heal with the retrieve. This is when you get her to sit with the retrieve and then take it from her. i know this might sound patronising it's not meant to but always give the same release command. hope ya sort it mate :D

as she comes to you move back wards, making your self as appealing/fun as possible as mushroom said she'll follow...

if she gets quite close, move back a little more (again making yourself look fun) and when she gets really close make a big fuss of her...

worked for my springer (but he ran round you and then went away)

I have a 1 year old springer bitch, she will retrieve the dummy but will not come to me. She has been called a 'holly' since the start but will not react when her name is called. She can hear as she understands sit and stay. When she retrieves the dummy, she will not come to me with it. She will carry it to about 5 - 10 yards from me and thats it.

I have tried coaxing her to me with some dog nuts, little bones, even meat, still wont come to me with the dummy, I have to go to her.

She gets out along with my two other labs and springer (all bitches), and sees the two labs retrieving away and bringing the dummy to me.

Another problem I had with her, I took her out in January at the end of the pheasant season to give her a feel for being out but she tore two birds off the lab on me.

All help appreciated!

give her time she is still a puppy make a fuss of her

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan I had one the exact same and was ready for packing up trying because i had another one that i reared myself from 8 weeks who would retrieve everything from and early age and drop at yer feet.the brother in law was with me exercising the dogs and he throws an old sliotar for his,jesus the bitch chased the ball and when she came back she started dropping the same,just clicked in her head i reckon.kep trying with her and use maybe different from the dummy,be worth it if she cops on

im in the same boat mate my bitch will pick a dummy of water or land no probs cn be sent back for a dummy no probs piks it up everytime but when she gets to me its like she gets over excited and drops the dummy at speed and it hurtless past me then she just totaly blanks it untill your a bit away and send her back or whatever and she does the same again she is getting there but its frustrating iv tried all above methods to no avail it will just be a case of sticking with it she is perfect in all other ways quarters stops hand signals etc so no idea what the problem with her is . is this what your bitch is doing as it sounds the same ?