How often do you run your dogs??

i run my dog every night i can in the season, practice makes perfect the more your out the better the dog will get as long as its bred right. you'll know when your dog has had to much it wont be so intrested in going ie not so keen so give it a night off or 2 and then try again.

a lurcher would go out every nite if it could but its good to give them a rest too, u dnt want ae run the dog into the ground, u will be able to tell if its knackerd n not wantin to go out. all depends in how much its ran too n what its done the day or nite before

atb john

Guest Rod&dog

In season which i count from September time to march time,, Two or three times a week i go lamping,,But this time of year now when the grass is being cut i go for a wander to run a few rabbits now and agian to keep dogs fit and happy.

during the season i get about 5 nights a week lamping depending on the moon phase i also like to be out ferreting and fell walking at least 4 times a week throughout the season then at least 3 times a week on land i do all year round ;)

My two and the terrier are out twice a day, very early morning and late on the evening, unless it is far to hot, usually walk around 4/5 miles in the morning and half that on the night, unless my mate fetches his bitch along. In season I intend to gradually build up running them over september, and hopefully have them on fire by november, cannot wait to watch the work I have put into them pay off.

The pair of them have had late season tasters on the lamp and both did ok, for pups, they also do well in day light picking up rabbits most times we wander out. atb Richard

wow it is so good to hear that so many people love to run there dogs into the ground during the season :wallbash:

All dogs deserve a rest and as far as im concerned 3 - 4 nights a week is enough - unless of course you only go out for 1 hour at a time!! :tongue2:

Along with the hard running they also need a min of 60mins a day of just road walking to stop them getting mussel bound. The best thing is to split that walking to twice a day of 30mins.

But hey this is all just my opinion :thumbs:

Work and weather permitting I like a minimum of 3 days a week on jackrabbits, usually I'm out for 1 to 2 hours and run one 1 to 2 hares although sometimes more. I try to get out 4 to 5 times a week if I can. I usually stop at one hare but have gone to as many as 6 in one session on rare occaisions.

all the best Dirtwinger