A stroll with the rimmy

The hay had just been cut so i was hoping some rabbits would be out and about. It was stinking hot and a new batch of stupid lolloping young bullocks had just been released into a new field so i had some company as they followed be around like a shadow and kept licking me and my kit whenever i paused to take a shot :sick:

I had walked a field earlier prior to it being cut to, hopefully, move along and young roe fawns but, unfortunatly, some had already been caught in another field :(

post-4425-1243890166_thumb.jpg

The cows weren't too impressed with the sight of them and decided to leave me alone. The walk was great despite the horse flies and midges doing their best to piss me off. I hadn't been going long when i had got a fair weight on my shoulder, i only had a small piece of bailer twine to carry them with and it was bighting quite a bit. I'm taking my new brother in law out for his first rabbit in the week so i decided to call it a day and leave some for him. Sods law there were a few i couldn't resist on the way home... felt like they were on cheese-wire on my shoulder :yes:

post-4425-1243890202_thumb.jpg

Ended up with 14 good eaters plus a few more for the fox, really nice evening. :victory:

post-4425-1243890190.jpg

Edited by Local

Nice few you got there, shame about the fawns good pics doe. Whats your set up on the rimmy ?

Hi bud, The rifle is a .22 CZ Silhouette with a Brookes adjusted trigger and a Wildcat whisper mod. The scope is nothing special, a simmons 3-9x40 air rifle scope but it does the job nicely :)

• 4 weeks later...