• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is of little consolation right now.........but you DID make the right decision. It is heart breaking to have to do it but i have been there a couple of times in the past.........and in never gets any easier. Things will look brighter in a day or too ........so don't be too hard on yourself.

Rolfe.

You made the right decision.

I had a great wee terrier years ago which was fine until about 5 years of age. Then one day she got into a fight with my whippet over a bone my father in law gave them :realmad:

Had to separate them all the time, which was a nightmare as the terrier was out to kill my whippet and would chip teeth trying to get to her through the wire.

To cut along story short one day she did get to my whippet bitch and nearly killed her (very big vet bill) I put the terrier down after this.

The sad thing was that my whippet was never the same after and would bolt home if she saw another dog terrified.

My sister is an animal behaviourist and a good one at that, she said however that one of the few problems she has not been able to cure is bitch on bitch aggression.

ATB

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Maybe she needed more than just "rabbiting"

Just a thought.

i absolutely agree with that, I tried so many times to get permission on fox to no avail, i even took her ratting at times and she was walked twice a day for an hour each time. I so wish things had been different. :cry:

Today I was taking my dogs for their walk, as usual the two terriers went in the hatchback boot and my EBX was on the front seat. I wasn't even out of the street and the two terriers started fighting, I stopped the car got them out and they continued to rip into each other. Eventually I got them apart and they were both in a bad state. They went straight to the vets who wanted to send them both into the vet hospital, they were still gunning for each other at this point and the vet said they would never be safe to be left alone together. My partner and me made the hardest decision ever and opted to get Daisy put to sleep. She could not be trusted with other dogs off the lead, I have tried everything I know to get her to be less aggressive to no avail but today she used up her last chance. Nevertheless, Im still devastated. What an awful, awful day. RIP my little Daisy.

Sorry for you girl. RIP Daisy. D

I wish there were more like you mate i think you done the right thing too for what its worth.If more folk done what you have there would be fewer dog fights and innocent dogs getting hurt because their owners cant be assed to control them.This sounds like a long standing problem and you did your best and it didnt work it its a real shame but you did what was best imo rip daisy

Today I was taking my dogs for their walk, as usual the two terriers went in the hatchback boot and my EBX was on the front seat. I wasn't even out of the street and the two terriers started fighting, I stopped the car got them out and they continued to rip into each other. Eventually I got them apart and they were both in a bad state. They went straight to the vets who wanted to send them both into the vet hospital, they were still gunning for each other at this point and the vet said they would never be safe to be left alone together. My partner and me made the hardest decision ever and opted to get Daisy put to sleep. She could not be trusted with other dogs off the lead, I have tried everything I know to get her to be less aggressive to no avail but today she used up her last chance. Nevertheless, Im still devastated. What an awful, awful day. RIP my little Daisy.

Are you for real you put down a dog because it was fighting.I have news for you game working dogs will fight.The trick is to keep them apart its all part of keeping working terriers.Get yourself a poodle or kingcharles and forget about working dogs.Are people like you the great white hunters of the future

Guest crazyhorse87

Why Liam,who the f**k where you 'a great great white hunter from the past',or just another

bullshitter on here pretending they've done more than they really have.