Whippet x Bull Bitch 16months - Free - Now sorted

This bitch is now sorted. Thanks to all who responded via PM (said I would reply individually but too many) showing an interest, and also to those who posted.

===============================================================

I rarely make any good decisions, and here's another bad one. Succumbed to pressure for a 'house dog' and bought this bitch for wife and kids last year. Specifically had to be Whippet X Bull, but that's another long story! Anyway kids have got no interest whatsoever, and wife, God bless her, just does not have enough hours in the day. I do not keep working dogs any longer, as I don't not have the time to do them justice, though am happy, most of the time (long working days and traveling), to take her out. Anyway, it's time she went to someone who would appreciate her more, and could devote the time she needs, so I am putting her on here, free to a very good home. She is being advertised locally as a pet. But my view is that dogs are happiest doing the job they are bred for, so I said I would give her a whirl on here as well. The ideal situation being that she finds a good permanent home, one that keeps working dogs.

She is very quick, and until recently only chased rabbits, but did not know what to do once up with them (all the gear, no idea). However, last Sunday, her instincts finally 'kicked in' and she picked 3 up. Didn't do much more than kill them, but it's start. Have kept her away since, too many young ones about, very poor sport,

Don't know what she is like with stock, but as with all dogs that have not been exposed to them, I would not initially trust her. But she is very biddable, and I am as confident that I can be that if I had the time to devote, I could make a useful dog of her. Any faults she may have, are down to us, not her.

Now then, she is 16 months, ¾ Whippet (full whippet sire x ½ whippet x bull dam) 19â€, from good working stock. Fully inoculated, flea'd and wormed to date. Very clean in house, and can be caged (but preferably not), as spent most of early days in cage. She would do far better with other dogs, than left alone.

If anyone wants her please PM me. Dreamers, swappers, those who wish to knock a litter or two out of her, or cannot offer her a lifetime home, please DO NOT contact me. I will need to be assured regarding the suitability of any prospective home, so please don't respond unless you are willing to answer searching questions regarding your own suitability. I am willing to deliver within reason and would also be willing, in fact I would insist, that she is returned if found to be not suitable by anyone that takes her. I live in Beverley, East Yorks.

Think I have covered everything, but no doubt there may be things I have not, so if anyone is genuinely interested and needs to know more. just ask.

To reiterate, this bitch must go to a good home, which is the absolute priority. I am in no hurry to move her, and am happy to wait until the right person comes along.

PS Pictue perhaps makes her look bigger, but she is only 19" - looks exactly like a mini greyhound

post-13376-1243536211.jpg

post-13376-1243536220.jpg

Edited by markw

Guest little lurcher

lovely to see a honest post , with the dogs true best interests at heart , i do have someone asking for very similar and is an excellet home but is subject to a homecheck as yet , will pass on details if you wish if they pass the fianl checks? this is a working home too

I rarely make any good decisions, and here's another bad one. Succumbed to pressure for a 'house dog' and bought this bitch for wife and kids last year. Specifically had to be Whippet X Bull, but that's another long story! Anyway kids have got no interest whatsoever, and wife, God bless her, just does not have enough hours in the day. I do not keep working dogs any longer, as I don't not have the time to do them justice, though am happy, most of the time (long working days and traveling), to take her out. Anyway, it's time she went to someone who would appreciate her more, and could devote the time she needs, so I am putting her on here, free to a very good home. She is being advertised locally as a pet. But my view is that dogs are happiest doing the job they are bred for, so I said I would give her a whirl on here as well. The ideal situation being that she finds a good permanent home, one that keeps working dogs.

She is very quick, and until recently only chased rabbits, but did not know what to do once up with them (all the gear, no idea). However, last Sunday, her instincts finally 'kicked in' and she picked 3 up. Didn't do much more than kill them, but it's start. Have kept her away since, too many young ones about, very poor sport,

Don't know what she is like with stock, but as with all dogs that have not been exposed to them, I would not initially trust her. But she is very biddable, and I am as confident that I can be that if I had the time to devote, I could make a useful dog of her. Any faults she may have, are down to us, not her.

Now then, she is 16 months, ¾ Whippet (full whippet sire x ½ whippet x bull dam) 19", from good working stock. Fully inoculated, flea'd and wormed to date. Very clean in house, and can be caged (but preferably not), as spent most of early days in cage. She would do far better with other dogs, than left alone.

If anyone wants her please PM me. Dreamers, swappers, those who wish to knock a litter or two out of her, or cannot offer her a lifetime home, please DO NOT contact me. I will need to be assured regarding the suitability of any prospective home, so please don't respond unless you are willing to answer searching questions regarding your own suitability. I am willing to deliver within reason and would also be willing, in fact I would insist, that she is returned if found to be not suitable by anyone that takes her. I live in Beverley, East Yorks.

Think I have covered everything, but no doubt there may be things I have not, so if anyone is genuinely interested and needs to know more. just ask.

To reiterate, this bitch must go to a good home, which is the absolute priority. I am in no hurry to move her, and am happy to wait until the right person comes along.

PS Pictue perhaps makes her look bigger, but she is only 19" - looks exactly like a mini greyhound

i rehomed a dog not so long back , take your time because i had 100"s of pms from numptys :thumbs: good luck with finding a home

Now then, she is 16 months, ¾ Whippet (full whippet sire x ½ whippet x bull dam) 19", from good working stock. Fully inoculated, flea'd and wormed to date. Very clean in house, and can be caged (but preferably not), as spent most of early days in cage. She would do far better with other dogs, than left alone.

i rehomed a dog not so long back , take your time because i had 100"s of pms from numptys :thumbs: good luck with finding a home

me and my mate went and picked that dog up off the fezz,nip is a fantastic bitch and found a grate permenant home with my mate matt,she is with another whippet and worked or excersized every day,i hope you find a nice good working home for your bitch where she can have the excersize that she needs,atb :D

do you still have the bitch mate?as i am very interested and willing to come 2mara if thats ok?its guarenteedc a very good pet and hunting home mas i am a keen lover of whippets and hunting.please pm me asap

This bitch is now sorted. Thanks to all who responded via PM (said I would reply individually but too many) showing an interest, and also to those who posted.

===============================================================

Now then, she is 16 months, ¾ Whippet (full whippet sire x ½ whippet x bull dam) 19â€, from good working stock. Fully inoculated, flea'd and wormed to date. Very clean in house, and can be caged (but preferably not), as spent most of early days in cage. She would do far better with other dogs, than left alone.

Bump