• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest busterdog

1. Decent shovel with kick plates, "saves the boots"
  2. Graft or steel shafted pitch fork "depends on ground conditions"
  3. A good bar "I'm old fashioned and like to have a good listen"
  4. Torch "don't be with out one" you never know how long you'll be there, and try and get a LED, batteries last forever.
  5. Dog "sounds stupid, but I've done it :D
  6. Water , it will surprise you how fast you run out of steam with out it.
  7. Food, don't take it "pinch your mates" always works for me.
  8. Shot gun and nets.

f**k me topper mate would,nt like to have a dig with you ,we,d need wagon to carry ya gear about lol..atb..darrell.

that why we have the cruiser mate i can drive right up to all my spots and most of my places are shallow 3-4 footers but we do get a few up on the hill that will go 10--12 foot but i keep them for invited guests !!!

Dont forget yer flask for fecks sake. A nice cup of Rosie after sweating yer bollocks off over the top of yer head digging sorts yer head out. Dogs will drink it to if they need it.

The most important thing IMHO no one has bothered to mention which is shocking, I ALLWAYS take a meds box/1st aid to give the dog attention right away if it needs it.

Pre trip check:

Well stocked Medical box in the car

Dog/digging kit

In that order.

The most important thing IMHO no one has bothered to mention which is shocking, I ALLWAYS take a meds box/1st aid to give the dog attention right away if it needs it.

Pre trip check:

Well stocked Medical box in the car

Dog/digging kit

In that order.

Agree.

Although the only thing I have to load is the dogs, everything else is 99% of the time in the van.

Got a decent ex army rucksack so everything is always in it,locater,collar,spare batteries with screwdriver,nets,couple torches,water for dogs,waterproofs,then in the motor a couple bulldog shovels a strong bar,spit,meds and plenty scran,didnt mention dogs as ive never forgotten them but i suppose nowts impossible.

NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ADVISE BUT MOIST SOIL AND CLAY WILL NOT STICK TO A STAINLESS STEEL SPADE NEARLY AS BAD MAKING DIGGING A LITTLE EASIER..A T-BAR WILL AID IN LOCATING THETUBE AND TERRIER...HOPE THIS HELPS...DANIEL