The Ultimate Battery

Guest vin

Vin dont take this the wrong way but i had high hopes of your "ultimate lamp" thread, but looking at your end product doesnt fill me with hope of you and your ideas of the "ultimate battery" god loves a trier but dont give up the day job ;)

thanks a lot pal...why dont you spend a bit of your time trying to do other people a favour...

like i have said before,im not selling anything,just trying to save myself money and maybe help one or two other people to do the same..

the people who have followed my advice on the ULTIMATE LAMP have already purchased a kit and tried it out,and so far the only reports i have had are THANKS MATE ! WOW ! etc etc...and i know they work because im using them myself.

So im looking for a cheap alternative lithium battery pack...the one in the link i posted is not as powerfull as the deben kit..but as people said the deben easy lasted a full nights lamping.. i was under the impression that the samller kit would do the job,i was told in an email from the company selling the item that it would easy power up a 12V 100W spotlamp for at least an hour.(good job i hav,nt ordered one yet ).

i will keep looking and wait for a few more emails..then when i do find a good kit..i will buy it/try it ..then and only then will i tell you where you can buy it from...

sorry for wasting anyone,s time.

atb

vin

if thay dont like wat your doing well fuk them.i for one wont one of thes battery and the cheeper the beter theres not much cash about at the moment cheers vin keep in tuch

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate, the battery link posted is 6600mAh(milliamp-hour) the deben is 10ah (Ampere-Hour) I might be wrong, but I think this means the one you posted is 6.6ah which isnt that far off the deben, for a third of the price. Meaning 2 would give you 12ah, more than the deben, for £100.

Not to shabby that, if I am right.

Vin dont take this the wrong way but i had high hopes of your "ultimate lamp" thread, but looking at your end product doesnt fill me with hope of you and your ideas of the "ultimate battery" god loves a trier but dont give up the day job ;)

Have you tried the kit if not shutit my mates got one and its feckin brilliant.am waiting on my kit. vin keep up the good work and dont listen to these knobheads.man spends time trying to help folk an your dissin him feck off

hello all

thanks everyone...i dont want to be starting any arguments etc etc. lets keep to the subject of finding a cheaper Lithium battery pack set up than £150.

its a start to work from if nothing else.

atb

vin

Vin,

When I looked ............. and looked ........... and looked some more ............

The best I came up with was D cell Li Ion single cells with a 10A capacity, as with most single cells they were 1.2V, so you'd need 10, the cost of those was very close to £100, then you'd need to make them into a pack, not that difficult to do but you need to be very competent and confident with a 100W soldering iron, I learned many years ago through making battery packs for models cars/boats and recently with Li Po packs for big model Helis.

It's really easy to ruin a cell with excess heat, and the connectors have to be well up to the job.

With all this in mind, I went and bought the Deben pack, their pack is smaller than 10 D cells, lighter, sealed, comes complete with a charger and very very easy to ise.

If you made your own pack you'd still have to buy a charger suitable for Li Ion cells, and they aren't cheap, I paid near £200 for the one I used for my Helis.

I wish you well, and will be one of your first customers if you suss it, but for me it would have to be less than £100, come with a charger and be as neat and small as the Deben one.

It is to be honest, a well thought out, excellent bit of kit.

I do think though that the bag it sits in is a bit wank, but watch this space!

Vin,

When I looked ............. and looked ........... and looked some more ............

The best I came up with was D cell Li Ion single cells with a 10A capacity, as with most single cells they were 1.2V, so you'd need 10, the cost of those was very close to £100, then you'd need to make them into a pack, not that difficult to do but you need to be very competent and confident with a 100W soldering iron, I learned many years ago through making battery packs for models cars/boats and recently with Li Po packs for big model Helis.

It's really easy to ruin a cell with excess heat, and the connectors have to be well up to the job.

With all this in mind, I went and bought the Deben pack, their pack is smaller than 10 D cells, lighter, sealed, comes complete with a charger and very very easy to ise.

If you made your own pack you'd still have to buy a charger suitable for Li Ion cells, and they aren't cheap, I paid near £200 for the one I used for my Helis.

I wish you well, and will be one of your first customers if you suss it, but for me it would have to be less than £100, come with a charger and be as neat and small as the Deben one.

It is to be honest, a well thought out, excellent bit of kit.

I do think though that the bag it sits in is a bit wank, but watch this space!

Thanks strongstuff

i have seen those pack on battery junction etc etc ... and like you i have done the usual searching... im sure there will be somewhere selling the pack thats inside the deben kit for less money in a different package.. I will keep emailing the Hong kong factories..and eventually someone will copy it.

and when i do we can come to you for a nice small bag pack to put it in..

thanks again

atb

vin

hello all

still searching and trying...anyone know if this is any good ?

i found a rechargable Li-ion that says its Output Voltage is 12VDC 9000mAh..with a charger for around 50 dollars.

anyone think this is worth a look at ? i do...but obviously im no electrician, but surely 2 of these in a pack would be better than the deben kit ?

atb

vin

Sorry Vin, forgot to reply to your pm.

Those look good, think you're onto something there with those.

I didn't look at foreign stuff when I was looking, like to speak to someone about stuff before I buy it.

As for the bags, not me mate, made my own for my deben pack and a belt, far too much messing to make any more.

Sorry Vin, forgot to reply to your pm.

Those look good, think you're onto something there with those.

I didn't look at foreign stuff when I was looking, like to speak to someone about stuff before I buy it.

As for the bags, not me mate, made my own for my deben pack and a belt, far too much messing to make any more.

thanks mate.

i think these little uns could be the ones were looking for..i have emailed them and spoke to customers services..so i will keep you posted.

atb

vin