Ferret loosing weight quickly

As long as her behaviour is normal and she seems healthy to you and she is drinking she should be fine probably just the time of year breeding season etc..

I've got a bitch that always ends up as thin as a racing snake at this time of year but soon comes good as soon as the breeding season ends :thumbs:

i had a jill that stopped eating and after a while obviously not eating she lost energy and could even walk i took her to the vets to see what they thaught and they said she had a desies carnt remember what it was called but it takes a year to kill them, so i would take it the vets and get it checked because you dont want the ferret suffering mate. atb.

Put a picture up mate lets have a look at her.A lot of jills look very thin this time of year on top of hormone problems(for want of a better word)they are moulting.

Good answer, Para, mine are looking very thin at the momment, but they looked the same last year so i haven't been concerned this year.

They are eating and drinking ok and have plenty of life in them so i don't see the need to worry.

They'll be looking good come hunting time, and hopefully working good too.

I must admit that I do prefer the way they look this time of year.The way they run to great you with their feet on the front of the cage looking for trouble. :yes:

my ferrets arny eating either weal mutch anyway i have a jill with 8 kits

thay get fed every day so i think its just the time of year cause my jill loves any kind of game and sheis showing slight intrest

in any.m so dunno if this will make u feal a bit betta.

Ferrets very rarely get worms cos the acid in their stomach is really concentrated apparently.My jill aint eating that much either considering she is feeding 7 or 8 kits.Have you tried something different when mine are looking a bit down or when the jill gave birth last week i gave them lambs liver and a pig heart from the butchers its not expensive and seems to give them a good boost

kept ferrets for 18 years and its the norm for this time of year my ferrets are all less than half the size they were 2-3 months ago they dont have there winter fat store nor do they have there winter fur remember that in the colder weather they are out at all temp's so they will store up body fat and grow a thicker more dense coat the nights are now lighter and alot warmer so they will shed the thick wooly coats and lose a bit weight as its just not needed i prefer the summer coat and shape although the smell from a hob at this time of the year takes some washing to get of your hands lol .

dont worry about it mate i have a jill with a litter and she isnt eating much at all its just part of there year they wouldnt be out hunting much the now anyways in the wild due to the young kits needing there warmth and constant feeding.

regards kris