Ferret loosing weight quickly

Hello i have just come on here to see if anyone can tell me why my ferret is quickly loosing weight. i feed all my ferrets the same diet and everyday. I have seen my jill eat and i went back this morning and there is still a bowl full of food but she looks soo tiny, she is only a year old and isnt a particulary big ferret anyway but she doesnt seem right even though she is playful enough and is her normal bouncy self.

I have tried looking on the internet for things and all that has come up is ADV....

Just want to know if anyone else has had similar or the same problem and how you went about it

Cheers

FM

i have one female the same and she comes good every autumn,winter ,then goes thin in spring summer .shes about 3yrs old ,,could be worms ,has she been wormed yet? jas

Well i feed them rabbit every so oftern when i have them. i was told the fur actually acts as a wormer for her. But im goin to see some products i can find that are suitable to worm them because you can get flea and tick drops for them.

I am also thinking is it because they are in season the now and dont really want think about eating much? I do notice sudden changes in her weight but not her behaviour she has always been the same ferret in personality its just her weight thats worrying me. Im not having much luck with them at the moment lost one recently to unexplained causes.

Anyway i will have look and see what i can do for her.

Thanks again

FM

Edited by ferretmaniac

Sometimes when its warm my ferrets will eat less they don't loose condition but when it cools down they go back to eating more ,if its not problems with a tooth it's maybe the weather warming up

Hello i have just come on here to see if anyone can tell me why my ferret is quickly loosing weight. i feed all my ferrets the same diet and everyday. I have seen my jill eat and i went back this morning and there is still a bowl full of food but she looks soo tiny, she is only a year old and isnt a particulary big ferret anyway but she doesnt seem right even though she is playful enough and is her normal bouncy self.

I have tried looking on the internet for things and all that has come up is ADV....

Just want to know if anyone else has had similar or the same problem and how you went about it

Cheers

FM

does your fert have any toys? if so check if bits have gone missing my fert chewed a hole out of and old football that was in its cage an had to have an operation. you should just take it to the vets and have it checked

hope this helps

yf09

Put a picture up mate lets have a look at her.A lot of jills look very thin this time of year on top of hormone problems(for want of a better word)they are moulting.

Yes totally agree

Put a picture up mate lets have a look at her.A lot of jills look very thin this time of year on top of hormone problems(for want of a better word)they are moulting.

Good answer, Para, mine are looking very thin at the momment, but they looked the same last year so i haven't been concerned this year.

They are eating and drinking ok and have plenty of life in them so i don't see the need to worry.

They'll be looking good come hunting time, and hopefully working good too.

Good answer, Para, mine are looking very thin at the momment, but they looked the same last year so i haven't been concerned this year.

They are eating and drinking ok and have plenty of life in them so i don't see the need to worry.

They'll be looking good come hunting time, and hopefully working good too.

I must admit that I do prefer the way they look this time of year.The way they run to great you with their feet on the front of the cage looking for trouble. :yes: