fresh water eels.

Guest rodsmith

Guest rodsmith
Heres one for the westmidlands boys, go to pinvin in evesham turn right at the cross roads and go down the lane to the gates, there you will see a static caravan and a man name Ken.you got slack water to the left and a bit of a weir to the far right.

look to the bends in the river where the water has under cut the banks on oposite side [40 foot] put a dead gudgeon or small bleak close to the undercut and be patient,ive had them over 6 pound and have been told by the caravan park manager ,people have brought them to him to weigh and gone to 6.5 lbs of this stretch ,worms and maggot wil be plagued by bootlaces all night . and the best thing is he only charges you 4quid.

arghhh,thats miles from me :cray: .surely theres some boys on here from near junction 14 off the m4 that know of places not too far away????

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not had chance to get out this season yet, but last season kept getting them by mistake when fishing for barbel after sunset on the ouse above bedford, biggest was to just over 7lb.

There were certainly plenty here last year.

ATB

John

Guest rodsmith
Not had chance to get out this season yet, but last season kept getting them by mistake when fishing for barbel after sunset on the ouse above bedford, biggest was to just over 7lb.

ATB

John

thats a good eel!! ive yet to get one over 4lb.

not had one undera lb in the last 2 seasons,all around 2lb mark.

on another note,does anyone know if the bigger eels are territorial?? this is a question which id be interested to get a factial answer and not a guess if poss chaps. :signthankspin:

ATB

John

Where above Bedford?? Pavenham used to be good or are you fishing further up..Lavenham way?? Best place Ive ever fished is right on your doorstep the smaller lake in the Park right hand side on the bit that juts out fished tight to the large sunken tree roach heads Edited by donnyc
if you want to catch eels go to the river usk around usk town and behind the collage theres a liil brook called the bertha brook neva intent on catching them but you gotta get throu them all be 4 you can catch any thing else lol, do a lot ov night sessions there its plagued,

and a nuther fish thats popped up this year tha i dinet av a clue wat it was, but now informed that it is a shad they are nusencise [bANNED TEXT] useing the spinner all you ever seem 2 catch at the moment.

atb.

ye i have fished the river usk an had a good few eals when i was after the trout the salmon are a good size in there aswell.

A recent visit to Cricket st Thomas ,yes the one near Chard ,revealed a monster swimmimg along the dam wall feeding on surface trout pellets .Had to be 8-9 pounds and this is a landlocked lake with a trickle of a stream in and out .Artificial feeding i know but what specimen isnt these days .

My local river is teaming with the buggers . Without fail whilst fishing for brownies you can bank on catching eels . Thers alot of bootlaces but in the deeper slacker water the bigger lads lie. Was out with me brother on sunday and in half a hour we had eleven eels between us and one of them was about 3lb rest under a pound. At first me brother thought it was a decent brownie as it had`nt come up and the river was like tea after some heavy rain nice eel strong head on him. Maggot and worm working well but a dead minnow is just as deadly for eel as it is for trout ;) . Had some good eels out of the weir pools on this river good stoney,snaggy bottoms for them. Good luck in your pursuit of these elusive buggers rod atb FV .

Guest rodsmith

northumberland!!!!! fu*king hell,thats the other side of the earth!!

talking of minnows,ours dissapeared about 4yrs ago.used to get some quite big ones,dont see any now.