hancock

my pup is off Flick a large blue ex racing Ghound (dam) and John Dog a large beardie collie (Sire)

John Dog is a reverse 3/8 5/8 beardie/greyhound not a pure bearded collie

i had the remating to this dog she had alot of potensial but died young.uve got to enter these dogs well ive only seen one hancock dog run on a fox many times and its the biggest coward i no its a half bred stands at 26 inchs.But it was down to the lad that had the dog not entering the dog proberly i belive but we were all young once sorry about the spelling :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason i said get a pup over a sapling was due to an incident that happend to a mate 20 years ago he went and bought a pup of hancock [bANNED TEXT] the dog got to an age to start running its back toe kept disjointing he phoned hancock who told after checking the tatoo number to bring the dog back like hell he said our lass and the kids think the world of him he was only 12 months old instead he offerd him a sapling for free.He picked the sapling up and kept it on the lead for two week then one morning he let it of with the other dog he never saw the dog again people had the odd sighting of it in the area including dave slieght who couldnt get near it then it was never seen again.A lurcher of collie breeding at 10 months old that has had no socializing is going to be a test for any dog man or woman no matter how meny years they have had them.good luck with the pup of your choice.atb

hancocks is a mishmash of second rate greyhounds to second rate collies bred in a shit tip and no matter how they are entered if they aint got the minerals all the entering in the world wont make em kill any fox

As usual more pish from the summer hare man....all bow down :doh: Not bad for a second rate hancock mutt....now lets see yours bawbag :whistling:

post-17796-1242841672_thumb.jpg

post-17796-1242841683_thumb.jpg

hancocks is a mishmash of second rate greyhounds to second rate collies bred in a shit tip and no matter how they are entered if they aint got the minerals all the entering in the world wont make em kill any fox

As usual more pish from the summer hare man....all bow down :doh: Not bad for a second rate hancock mutt....now lets see yours bawbag :whistling:

Nice one :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Guest jeddah

maybe you can pass some of your dogs on to hancock to breed from :clapper::clapper::clapper:

proved my piont a man that knows how to enter these dogs that cant take foxes good on you undisputed :clapper::clapper:

Guest jeddah

theres some good hancock,people like fen master and others wouldnt know a good dog if it bit em its all about money for them and hancock stole the market away from em so as long as there is an hancock there will be sad feckers like fen master :clapper: and sjm who breed a lot of stuff and all for pounds and pence

theres some good hancock,people like fen master and others wouldnt know a good dog if it bit em its all about money for them and hancock stole the market away from em so as long as there is an hancock there will be sad feckers like fen master :clapper: and sjm who breed a lot of stuff and all for pounds and pence

tanks lads for the replys :gunsmilie:

Goodluck whatever dog you get Foxdog.

I owned a 3/8 5/8 collie grey, which Hancock bred. My experience with this dog was emotional at times I can tell you, I got her knowing all the "hype" about Hancock dogs, all I can tell you is my own experience.

This bitch was one of the best lamping dogs I have ever worked with for rabbit, she would catch 20+ per night most nights, she seemed tireless, however she was not a fan of hares and pulled up on these all too often.

She was entered to fox at around 18months old and absolutely loved them, when we were sqeaking she would literally be doing back flips to get to them, however she would have rather had another dog pull them first before getting stuck in, she wasn't a fan of taking them single handed.

Although this dog seemingly "failed" at one or two things, she excelled at others, its each to their own, some poeple learn to live with the negatives, unfortunately for me foxing was the main game for me back then and I saw more than enough get away when they should have and could have been caught, the bitch left me at around 3 and a half years old which was a verey tough decision for me but I learned a hell of a lot from this dog , which another might not have taught me. A keeper friend took her on just for rabbiting, a job which has seen her in her element ever since, she is now retired but still with the keeper.

YIS Nell

had ahancock but not apatch on my own breeing i bred once in a while get good remarkss he breeds weekly not into dogs unless see the parents do work of some sorts course hares pull roe catch bolting rabbs like dogs who are bred with natural ability and breed true

• 2 weeks later...

seen and owned a few of Hancock dogs, some were directly off him others bred off dogs from him, the best 2 dogs ive seen and owned, one was a 3/4 grey 1/4 border, my first lurcher, took everything infront of him, no lack in courage what so ever.his sire was off hancock, direct son of Richard Jones.and his dam was a greyhound, this pups was not off hancock but hancock bred from the sire.the second dog was a beardiex off hancock put to an awesome halfx bull greyhound.this dog was about 27 inch red and white pied, slightly broken and the hardest dog ive ever seen,took everything infront of, eventually went blind.shame he was a cracker :no: if youre after a colliex then i would get one unless you breeding you're self,as you 100% guaranteed no what is in that dog if you walk away with a pup from hancock :yes: :yes: :yes:

Good luck :thumbs: