westie's mating

ive always had westies, the one ive got now is my 3rd, been trying 2 mate her but male westie not really intrested, my boyfreind (dennned) artificially inseminated her on sunday then again 2day, whats your thoughts on this subject

Edited by jinty1963

MOO, dont think they'll make single handed hare dogs :D but they might just make ideal footstools for the home :laugh: but in all fairness, jinty's westie is now starting to chase the lure, ok she's not fast enough to catch a cold, but she does try,

Edited by dennned
ive always had westies, the one ive got now is my 3rd, been trying 2 mate her but male westie not really intrested, my boyfreind (dennned) artificially inseminated her on sunday then again 2day, whats your thoughts on this subject

Probably won't get the best feedback if it's a westie your asking about on here.

Good luck anyway

in answer to the OP, my concern would be that breeding from a male that lacks drive could just be producing more problems in the future. of course the other thing is that you wont be able to regester thee pups with the KC unless you meet the specific criteria and apply for permission.

farlap, kennel club criteria, here's one for you then, i know of 1 border terrier breeder, who used her stud dog (from cumbria) on a border terrier bitch , from the borders , the bitches owners never paid the stud fee after the bitch had her pups, when confronted , by the stud dogs owners about the pups , which were born, the bitches owners said, that the original mating never took, and they had mated with another stud dog, heres the dilema,

1/ the original, mating , produced puppies 9 weeks after the mating

2/ how did the bitches owners know the mating never took

3/if they mated later , then how did the puppies arrive , exactly 9 weeks after the original , mating

4/these puppies were registered , by the owners of the bitch , knowing full well that there papers were false

5/ YES YOU'VE GUESSED , the kennel club said absolutly f**k all, to a fraudulent litter being registered under their banner

so dont preach about , kennel club criteria , when they do naff all about rouge breeders.

PS- remember 1 thing you never know what your getting , unless you breed them yourself

the kc could'nt give a flying feck about criteria and since when have you had to apply for permission please come on rules for the kc are £££££££ and thats it one bit of paper two signatures and MONEY :wallbash::wallbash:

CORRECT