law on the boundery

haha :clapper::clapper::clapper:

like the green house story classic!!!!

nice one with the permission mate

ok i think as she loves her song birds she would have me over the coals if it was a dove or pigion

but a crow or magpie i might get away with JUST

i dont get to many crows / magpies in my garden and when they do come in they are very spooky

any ideas to get them to stary a bit longer?

cheers

decoys mabey

Magpie decoys sometimes work, ive got one of them. Alternatively ive heard that putting some mince out on the lawn in the shape of a rabbit will attract them in. Once you shoot one, prop the dead one up on a bit of wood and others will fly down next to him. Magpies are normally in 2`s or 4`s. At the moment there have been no end in my garden & my parents garden.

some sport for you then

arr what if i tryed decoying the pigions down to the ground then i would have the fall problem

where can i get crow decoys from my gun shop sosent have any ?

rough price i should look to pay for crow magpie or pigion?

how many will i need ?

thanks

arr what if i tryed decoying the pigions down to the ground then i would have the fall problem

where can i get crow decoys from my gun shop sosent have any ?

rough price i should look to pay for crow magpie or pigion?

how many will i need ?

thanks

have look here mate http://www.wighillparkguns.co.uk/

Will only need a couple for back garden and some wild bird seed does the trick for me :)

what happens if your quarry leaves your boundary with your pellet init??

As advised earlier.....

Fundamentally it's just the same as your ball landing in your neighbours garden.

Just because it is your ball you have no right to enter your neighbours to collect it without permission.

You commit the act of trespass if you do, trespass is basically a civil matter but is also potentially very complicated, and is different in the various countries of Great Britain!!

Think Decker is about right on this!

Was always told if you shoot a pheasant rabbit or whatever on land you have permission on and it lands dead on a neighbours land it technically belongs to them.

If you cross the boundary to collect you are trespassing and if you have a gun in your hand its armed trespass or trespass in persuit of 'game' or poaching!

Guess the same would be the case if you were to send a dog over the boundary as well?

The law in this country I am led to believe, says you can only be prosecuted for trespass if you are "causing damage or you are carrying a firearm", so I believe if you leave your gun in the house then pop over the fence making sure you don't damage the fence if it is hers! and retrieve your kill there is nothing really she can do. saying that your air rifle isn't classed as a firearm so you may be able to do a Johnny Rambo and take your gun over the fence with you! Just for effect. :D .

I have a friend who is a Police officer so I will ask him to clarify it for me. But I asked him about this a while ago as I was shooting adjacent to some land owned by the English Heritage, and it was full off bunnys. He said if I went in there and shot some, the English Heritage couldn't really do anything. :blink:

So in I went over the fence, after a few visits sure enough a person from the English Heritage came over and said, " You can't shoot in here Bla Bla" so I replied "I am causing no damage and I haven't got a firearm just an air rifle" "and it is your duty to control these rabbits as they are out of control, and the nearby farmers are having a real problem with them". And to my surprise he said " Well in that case carry on!! just be careful around the old mine buildings and let someone know you are here so if you get hurt we know where to find you." as there is a few deep holes. signed me a permission sheet gave me his number and the rest they say is history!

I am wrong in believing you can retrieve your kill.... You can only get it if you have permission to do so from the owner of the land on which your quarry has landed in!! :(;)

If your neigbor is realy anti your shooting I'd be very careful. Imagine the response from the police if they called 999 to report 'some nutter with a gun taking potshots in next doors garden'.

And good a shot as you may be how do you prove none of your pellets leave your property (miss, pass though, deflection loads of way it could end up somewhere other than in your quarry)? Dead easy for someone who wants to to a) stir up a shedload of trouble for you, and B) wind the local press up into an anti airguns frenzy.

Guest hyperion

the simple answer is IF IN DOUBT DONT SHOOT

if there is a pigeon sat in a tree on your boundry and you take a shot and miss then the pellet has left your property and you have committed an offence!

if you hit said pigeon and it drops onto nextdoors land you could well have a very angry neibour to deal with, ive had to stop shooting in my garden to keep the peace with next door, its just not worth the bother!

cheers

hyperion

the simple answer is IF IN DOUBT DONT SHOOT

Exactly!

What is behind your target is just as important as your target, you need to be sure you know where your shot will finish up hit or miss. And if its a big space you don't have a right to shoot over then don't take the shot!

I read in the SportingGun once that a a pheasant fell into a field where the gamekeeper didnt have permission. Once the bird is on another persons land then it becomes theirs and if you go and retrieve it then you can get done for trespassing and poaching