bitch returned after 5 years

hi lads, sorry but this is not a lurcher its a spaniel but there is an outside chance of finding who stole her and the more people that know the better. the bitch was stolen approx 5 years ago and looks like she has been having puppies ever since. i got her back because she was found on the side of the road and taken to a vets and she was micro chipped. the bitch is still a bit milky and has hair loss on her muzzle and ears due to mange. she was found in Reading and so i would guess that a litter of pups has been sold in the area where the mother wasn't seen or had hair loss as mentioned. if anyone heard of such a litter i would love to know about it. thanks for your time. Rob

i would be checking every litter of pups locally...someone must know something..dont rest till you,ve named and shamed the bastads. 5 years is a long time make them pay matey.

was it travelers who stole the dog if so the pups will have been sold between themselfs and unlikely to av been advertised just glad you got her back.Plus its unlikely they ave bred a spaniel to her i have heard they go mad on spaniel/russels so might be worth seeing if anybody has bred that cross as well.atvb

Just a thought, check through your local free add papers to see if there is any litters of Spaniel or Crosses for Sale?

Go and view them, if there is no Dam on view, ask where she is? You could even take your Bitch along, she would know her own Pups and the surroundings in which they were Born.

Nice to hear though you have her back and she is no longer a Puppy Machine :thumbs:

microchiped... why didnt u report she was missing ??

i did i also went to most of the local camps as there were travellers calling in area on day they were taken. police were informed and local vets but nothing was heard of her until now. Why would you think i hadn't reported it.

a good ending for a change

what are you going to do with the bitch now mate

she has been treated for mange and fleas and settled into kennel obviously she will have been called something different for last 5 years but if she will work the way she used to i will use her for picking up this winter, as i have just been made redundant should have plenty of time for picking up. otherwise she will just be excersised with lurchers .