.308 rabbit

Guest hyperion

Guest hyperion

went out lamping with my mate and the .308 the other night to try for a fox again!

we had been round the farm a few times and not seen any sign of a fox any where, so we parked up over looking some hollow ground as a safe back stop and i had another pop with the .308!

i did a bit better this time as knowing more or less what to expect i wasnt so nervous of the beast but i still couldnt hit any thing, i know exactly what im doing, squeeze the trigger, FLINCH, BOOM!

any way until ive punched some paper and got used to the rifle ill not be shooting any at thing living just yet!

we swapped seats and i drove back over to the other side of the farm and parked up near a well used fox run and as i had work in the morning decided we would wait for half an hour then call it a night!

half hour soon passed and i flicked the lamp on and shone it down the side of the field, nothing, then movement on the edge of the beam and i swung the lamp on to it!

just a lone rabbit about ten yards out from the wood and thirty odd yards from us, justin looked at me "its either that or a blank night me boy", "well the farmer wants rid and dead is dead", justin shouldered the .308 took aim and BOOMPOP!

the pics aint pretty!

DSC01014.jpg

DSC01013.jpg

but you could still eat that rabbit!

cheers

hyperion

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good headshot none the less! :D
30 yards headshot :clapper: lol.I shot one about 70 yds with 150grn from my .308 and it spread over about a yard.something looking back tells me it was wrong.But as you say dead is dead
That is surprisingly tame actually... 243 with 55gr ballistic tip at that range... now that's a mess :)

I think this shows a total lack of self control. One wonders what your FAC says your 308 is for.

:wankerzo4:

That is surprisingly tame actually... 243 with 55gr ballistic tip at that range... now that's a mess :)

I think this shows a total lack of self control.

That's a hell of a statement. I'm sure it's not the first rabbit to be shot with a .308, definitely wont be the last either...

Guest hyperion

I think this shows a total lack of self control. One wonders what your FAC says your 308 is for.

i dont hold an F.A.C as of yet it was my friend who took the shot as you would know if you read the full post!

does make me wonder if i should ask for this thread to be removed though, if it doesnt say "and other ground game/vermin" under deer and fox next to .308 on my mates ticket (which it very well may do) have we broken the law?

cheers

hyperion

what a :wankerzo4: !!

I think the lack of control is around posting pictures of the carcass. What did you expect a 308 to do to a rabbit? not like it needs much imagination.

Haven't been here long granted but posts like this hardly portray anything sporting. Not trying to rain on the shooters parade but a little restraint is called for here.

I think the lack of control is around posting pictures of the carcass. What did you expect a 308 to do to a rabbit? not like it needs much imagination.

Haven't been here long granted but posts like this hardly portray anything sporting. Not trying to rain on the shooters parade but a little restraint is called for here.

why it dosnt really matter what its shot with dead is dead

why it dosnt really matter what its shot with dead is dead

With that logic we might as well start posting pictures of road-kill, after all, dead is dead.

Mate, if you're put off by pictures of dead quarry, you're on the wrong site. We've nothing to be ashamed off or to hide, our detractors will always find a way of having a go at us, whether we post pictures or not. :yes:

Mate, if you're put off by pictures of dead quarry, you're on the wrong site. We've nothing to be ashamed off or to hide, our detractors will always find a way of having a go at us, whether we post pictures or not. :yes:

Have seen thousands of carcasses and all caused by my hand. It doesn't put me off. I am not a detractor, I am a supporter but it doesn't help the cause when we (and I say we) glorify the damage caused by the shot. Dignity and respect for the carcass used to matter when I hunted. Like I say, not trying to annoy anyone but having been in this game for over 35 years you get to understand how the other side thinks & works.