Guest oldskool

a farmer friend got me some in a jam jar. i coloured the water with it in an old bath tub and never had a flee or tick for nearly 2 years. there was one dog that got burned with it because her skin was really fine compared to the rest of them. but it didnt do much harm, just a red patch!

ps, that was about three years ago, i dont know if it was the old stuff or not!!

Edited by oldskool

I USED TO USE IT 20 YEARS AGO AND GOOD STUFF IT WAS TOO. :) I SWAER IT GOT THE BATH SPARKLING AFTER THE DOGS HAD BEEN DONE.

BUT A WORD OF CUATION, ONE OF THE ACTIVE INGREDIANTS IN IT , IS REASPONCIBLE FOR ILL HEALTH IN SOME OF THE OLD FARMERS, SOMTHING TO DO WITH THERE MOTOR FUNCTIONS IF I REMEMBER.

MAYBEE SOMEONE ELSE WILL KNOW MORE THAN ME :)

Guest oldskool
I USED TO USE IT 20 YEARS AGO AND GOOD STUFF IT WAS TOO. :) I SWAER IT GOT THE BATH SPARKLING AFTER THE DOGS HAD BEEN DONE.

BUT A WORD OF CUATION, ONE OF THE ACTIVE INGREDIANTS IN IT , IS REASPONCIBLE FOR ILL HEALTH IN SOME OF THE OLD FARMERS, SOMTHING TO DO WITH THERE MOTOR FUNCTIONS IF I REMEMBER.

MAYBEE SOMEONE ELSE WILL KNOW MORE THAN ME :)

i heard that too!!! the fumes that come off it are fierce and i think if u use enough just to colour the water then that should be plenty. watch the dogs eyes cuz it stings a bit! the dogs will stink of it for days but flip me, they will be shiney :good:

Guest oldskool
i used sheep dip waterd down just so it changes colour of water sprayed it on my bitch when she had ticks they was gone with in a day

yep, one day is all it takes! ticks just turn black and then fall out. :good:

todays sheep dip is far to strong for dogs as it has been specially produced for just sheep ... you ask any farmer and none of them will put their dogs through todays dip .........

Guest oldskool
todays sheep dip is far to strong for dogs as it has been specially produced for just sheep ... you ask any farmer and none of them will put their dogs through todays dip .........

socks mate, cattle wormer is also designed for cattle but i use it on the dogs too and its great. the ground has been let out for maise so my dad doesnt buy it anymore! :(. i asked a farmer friend of mine today about the new dip. he says he bungs in the collies with the sheep and it does them no harm!

Edited by oldskool
  • 17 years later...