Brightmoore

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice strong looking bitch!. Muddy.

a pal of mine had a bitch bred out of brightmoors ben. years ago now mind. he said it was the best he ever owend. it must have bein a good one as he was a hard man to please and still is. ive listend to many a tale of deep hard digs with his bitch.

be interesting what others have to say of this line

Hi

Anyone can inform me about Brightmoor strain?Did it exist this days??Anyone has experience with them?

Heard that they was very good & hard??

Thanks

the brightmoor strain is still going strong some of the best lines are kept in wales and Scotland these dogs are the dogs you have your 12&14 hour digs with and at the end get your fox not a dog stuck to a root but like all good strains they have there bad stuff but they are still there i know of one man who has absolutely pure brightmoor lines he has not worked them for few years now but they are the real McCoy this old dog and bitch are half brother & sister but they have thrown some of the best digging dogs in recent history there prodigy have begun to make their own mark as far as i know this fellow has just resumed his breeding program to help out some struggling dog boys who cant seem to get the bitches he recons it is all down to breding for smaller dogs the downsizing is producing all right dogs but for some reason the bitches aren't working his strain of brightmoor dogs throw some big dogs but the dogs and the bitches work equally as well i have Seen his old dog getting to a fox a puny little bitch could not or would dig on to. you could not i hate to say this span this old dog with three hands the moral of this a big brightmoor will get its quarry because he wants it not because running so fast through the earth he bumps into it and scares it out

Rymie... if this is all in the UK why are they trying to breed smaller. btw... your post if a very broad statement. :laugh: Me thinks you're going to have to prove what you say with some of the people on here. :11:

Rymie... if this is all in the UK why are they trying to breed smaller. btw... your post if a very broad statement. :laugh: Me thinks you're going to have to prove what you say with some of the people on here. :11:

Dean D you seem like a knowledgeable fella,but what i think Rymie meant was that the guy was

trying to restart his Brightmoor breeding program again to breed for smaller males,i don't think he meant he was trying to breed a smaller type of terrier overall,if i'm wrong i'll hold my hands up,all the best everyone,

Higgins.

Edited by higgins
Not PICKING on him, just sounded like he's on about them... and he is perfectly right to be. ;) I just figure someone is going to take the piss. :laugh:

DeanD i agree with you entirely,someone will ALWAYS take the piss,it seems to be the nature of FORUMS,

I only come on these forums myself to get the wheat from the chaffe so to speak,all the best ,

Higgins.

i was not saying he is trying to breed from smaller dogs what i was saying is he recons the best thing for any lines is breed from the big strong dogs to keep your lines working as breeding from small dogs you tend to start loosing some thing in the bright moor lines i am referring to what seams to be hard to find is good strong working bitches the dogs down size OK but the bitches end looking the part but don't do the business like i said the bitches look good but lift them up there is no weight to them i cant explain what is going wrong but breeding from good strong dogs even the ones some people find to big for fox work seems to keep a good balance in the lines you whant a smaller dog pick the small pups but breed out of the strongest dog and the lines tend to keep them selves wright

Dean D you seem like a knowledgeable fella,but what i think Rymie meant was that the guy was

trying to restart his Brightmoor breeding program again to breed for smaller males,i don't think he meant he was trying to breed a smaller type of terrier overall,if i'm wrong i'll hold my hands up,all the best everyone,

Higgins.

you are right he is only not restarting the breeding programe but trying to help the boys out there who are strugiling for bitches of the right stuff lets say at the end of the day no good bitches no good dogs like i said the brightmoor strain is still there but his old dog & bitch come from the lines bill brightmoor himsef had to come back to so he could keep his own breeding program full of true working blood not show blood these old dogs where never show winners they were workers they could throw the odd looker but these lookers worked or where bined no mater how good they looked

Hi

Anyone can inform me about Brightmoore strain?Did it exsist this days??Anyone has experience with them?

Heard that they was very good & hard??

Thanks

Brightmoore lines alive and well in South Wales still doing the job they were bred for

this is my terrier bitch out of old brightmoor lines very handy bitch on all quarry.She has killed her fair share of fox before i got to her hope to be breeding her this year

Nice strong looking bitch!.

Muddy. :)

Good morning MB. Hope your keeping well

Ok well all the brightmore dogs & brightmore bred dogs i have came across in Cumbria have all been relatively small, about 13-14" with very spannable chests, good decent heads for the size of the dog, hard jackets & majority black, all in all real workmanlike terriers that get the job done. I haven't seen one that was big? what would you call big? any pictures of these dogs.

Bills son still has some dosen't he?