Guest levi2009

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest levi2009
I was talking to a man last week who witnessed a collie taking fox, when he was told about it he didn't believe it and he's not the type to tell lies at all.

heard of it before but have never seen one but lads say they do?

hopefully someone on ere would of worked one?

farm collies have a natural hatered toward fox's...hancock used chuck arrowsmiths collie for the first collie grey x's...the collie stud took rabbit on the lamp and did fox's for fun...mr arrow smith still has and uses collies as gaurds and hunting dogs........................

over the years collies have taken more fox than any other breed but most of the time without any input from humans as most farm collies run free at night .....im sur all the feck heads on hear will say im talkin shite but as far as im concerned the collie killing fox thing is true as iv seen it many times.infact i have a collie that will do it now.

Guest levi2009
farm collies have a natural hatered toward fox's...hancock used chuck arrowsmiths collie for the first collie grey x's...the collie stud took rabbit on the lamp and did fox's for fun...mr arrow smith still has and uses collies as gaurds and hunting dogs........................

over the years collies have taken more fox than any other breed but most of the time without any input from humans as most farm collies run free at night .....im sur all the feck heads on hear will say im talkin shite but as far as im concerned the collie killing fox thing is true as iv seen it many times.infact i have a collie that will do it now.

good stuff mate sounds like you know your stuff.

knew there would be someone on ere with one that does them.

cheers

anyone any pics?

cheers

anyone any pics?

mate if i posted a pic of our collie i'd get laughed off thl!!! he's a smallish black n white farm collie.brought up with cats and is fine with pritty anything but people,fox and rats.........iv never actively hunted with him apart from the odd ratting session,he runs free at night and is generally very collie ish

Guest levi2009

cheers

anyone any pics?

mate if i posted a pic of our collie i'd get laughed off thl!!! he's a smallish black n white farm collie.brought up with cats and is fine with pritty anything but people,fox and rats.........iv never actively hunted with him apart from the odd ratting session,he runs free at night and is generally very collie ish

sorry mate meant a pic of a collie on lamp at night, someone will have one lol

I used to have a straight collie called maddison - had her for 8 years - she would mark, retrieve, sit in a pigeon hide all day, bush, and catch bolted rabbits - was more than quick enough the catch em - I would guess she would have worked the lamp but it was not my thing at the time.

Partly the reason why i wanted something with collie in the mix this time - a very capable and underestimated dog is that there collie.

Guest levi2009
I used to have a straight collie called maddison - had her for 8 years - she would mark, retrieve, sit in a pigeon hide all day, bush, and catch bolted rabbits - was more than quick enough the catch em - I would guess she would have worked the lamp but it was not my thing at the time.

Partly the reason why i wanted something with collie in the mix this time - a very capable and underestimated dog is that there collie.

yeah very clever but do they have the balls like a bull x seem to be very good in the way of cutting off rabbits and running outside the beam but does it take that little longer to get them onb fox where as a bull x could be doing at 12 months.

suppose its 6 and two 3s

The sire of two of my pure kelpie bitches is reputedly handy on foxes though his main job is herding bulls.

I've heard it said before that the average working farm-dog or gundog probably catches more game than the average lurcher.

Had working collies for over 30 years. All worked bushes very well, getting places that a terrier would have a job to get in. Excellent ferretting dogs, lamped well until 4or 5 years when they got a bit too heavy, but still went well if you chose the quarry.

All of them hated foxes with a passion and would take one single handed with no trouble.

Only problem was that all of them were gunshy.

My male kelpie is ten in November but is still regularly catching daytime rabbits (he's the one in my avatar). I have to admit he's never seemed that interested in fox though; maybe he thinks they're related. :D

when i was a kid i saw two farm collies pull a badger out of a set that was dug by what seemed like at the time some really old men. a memorable moment that i think about often.

alot of people dont think border collies as strong dogs. Some farms ive been round , the border collies ive seen were powerful+nasty feckers. And i reckon if they could catch a fox , they would kill them easy. And as guard dogs , 50-60lb of feckin teeth hard nasty feckers. :o

Guest levi2009
when i was a kid i saw two farm collies pull a badger out of a set that was dug by what seemed like at the time some really old men. a memorable moment that i think about often.

alot of people dont think border collies as strong dogs. Some farms ive been round , the border collies ive seen were powerful+nasty feckers. And i reckon if they could catch a fox , they would kill them easy. And as guard dogs , 50-60lb of feckin teeth hard nasty feckers. :o

so collie x grey shouldnt have a problem taking fox?